Findmall.com

Lagniappe (Views)

Welcome! Log In Register
Burning Bridges
Posted by: JnC
Date: September 08, 2010 05:39PM
What are your thoughts on the burning of the koran???????? The "experts" think it will just incite more hatred and violence. Others say it will send the messege that we've had enough...I'm not sure what I think about it yet...

If life is a highway, I need a new map.

Re: Burning Bridges
Posted by: whiskeyman
Date: September 08, 2010 08:50PM
Many places all over the world burn the US Flag why can't we do that to the one's that have done it to us....JMO..........Sounds like a double standard to me, they can we can't.....

The Grim Reaper of Social Networking

Posted by: JnC
Date: September 09, 2010 12:06AM
I hear where you're coming from WM....I just worry about the consequences to our armed forces over there.. They can't defend themselves from the kinds of retaliation that this could bring on. They have to fight "fair". No blowing up Mosques full of Taliban soldiers...Can't harm the innocent civilians ...that will put a knife in your back or set off a bomb .I don't understand why the powers that be can't see that this kind of fighting isn't getting the job done....it's telling them to keep it up and run the US out or send them home in a bag....Maybe we need to reinstate the Missouri Militia and all of us take our 270's, 12 ga.'s and glocks and head over there......Remember the movie with Patrick Swayze...Next of Kin? That attitude on a grand scale would end this conflict in a hurry....JMHO

If life is a highway, I need a new map.

Date: September 09, 2010 07:58PM
We have to learn to fight like our enemies....They don't fight fair so why should we, if that makes us more civilized I guess that's the way it has to be....We need to remember Vietnam, those folks didn't fight fair either and public opinion went way to far when our guys did the same thing.....I personally think this guy that want's to burn the koran is a nut and sincerly hope if it happens there is no backlash...Seems to me this one guy is getting way to much publicity.....

Posted by: missourimike
Date: September 09, 2010 08:35PM
It doesn't take much for the Islamic Extremists to have an excuse to wreck more havoc on the Infidels. This burning of the Koran would only light THEIR fire and bring attention to their actions, which is what they want. Any excuse, any attention, any reaction is good for them. Even bad PR is good for business. I would blame the Media that fans the flames if someone were to be in Harm's Way due to the actions of a mis-guided, self-serving, attention deficient, so-called religious leader who is attempting to act much like the ones he condemns.

Date: September 09, 2010 08:48PM
missourimike
It doesn't take much for the Islamic Extremists to have an excuse to wreck more havoc on the Infidels. This burning of the Koran would only light THEIR fire and bring attention to their actions, which is what they want. Any excuse, any attention, any reaction is good for them. Even bad PR is good for business. I would blame the Media that fans the flames if someone were to be in Harm's Way due to the actions of a mis-guided, self-serving, attention deficient, so-called religious leader who is attempting to act much like the ones he condemns.

:thumbup:

Posted by: hippochick39
Date: September 09, 2010 09:15PM
I agree Mike. I don't believe that if you are Muslim you are a bad person. Just as I don't believe that if you are a Catholic Priest you are a child molester. My son-in-law is Muslim, his parent came from Iraq, he was born here in the US. Yes, this is the fueled by the media and the extremists LOVE that!! On any given day, depending on what IS newsworthy, the media can and will run wild with stuff. I think they just love to get the general public panties in a twist. I for one don't watch any of the news channels as in FOX, MSNBC, or CNN. Hell on slow days it's all about what "star" went wild! REALLY~WHO CARES!! And yes, others can burn our flag, but the blacks and Mexicans can also have there own TV station, but if whites did that we'd be hung out to dry. Everywhere has "double standards" and I guess I just feel if you think you are making a point when you burn the Koran, or the American Flag, YOUR NOT and it just makes YOU LOOK BAD and DUMB.

I'm here on Earth to HAVE FUN!!

Date: September 09, 2010 10:00PM
hippochick39
I agree Mike. I don't believe that if you are Muslim you are a bad person. Just as I don't believe that if you are a Catholic Priest you are a child molester. My son-in-law is Muslim, his parent came from Iraq, he was born here in the US. Yes, this is the fueled by the media and the extremists LOVE that!! On any given day, depending on what IS newsworthy, the media can and will run wild with stuff. I think they just love to get the general public panties in a twist. I for one don't watch any of the news channels as in FOX, MSNBC, or CNN. Hell on slow days it's all about what "star" went wild! REALLY~WHO CARES!! And yes, others can burn our flag, but the blacks and Mexicans can also have there own TV station, but if whites did that we'd be hung out to dry. Everywhere has "double standards" and I guess I just feel if you think you are making a point when you burn the Koran, or the American Flag, YOUR NOT and it just makes YOU LOOK BAD and DUMB.

Great point Chick.......

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login