Findmall.com

Lagniappe (Views)

Welcome! Log In Register
Another craigslist find.....
Posted by: missourimike
Date: July 24, 2010 10:08AM
I check the motorcycle section on craigslist, several times a day. Got something different there today!
I ain't saying anything on the subject. Don't want to start a war or waste time on it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2010 10:11AM by missourimike.

Re: Another craigslist find.....
Posted by: hippochick39
Date: July 24, 2010 11:12AM
Oh my, got it!

I'm here on Earth to HAVE FUN!!

Posted by: coyotewhacker
Date: July 24, 2010 11:45AM
WHOA! I put a little plug in on CL a couple of days ago and it never showed up, but I can promise you all that I was unaware of anything like that going up on CL. Nobody contacted me to tell me they were going to do that, and I would have discouraged them if I had known. Better copy it before it gets flagged.
CW

A man has got to know his limitations.
"Dirty Harry" Callaghan

Date: July 24, 2010 12:05PM
Here is a copy of the text that I posted to CL. For some reason, it never came up even though I got a confirmation email from Craigslist that it would be posted in about 15 minutes. There's no record of it being flagged, so I don't think anybody messed with it. Just one of those glitches that come up from time to time. Anyway here it is:

Least Known Biker Forum Around

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2010-07-22, 10:17PM CDT
Reply to: sale-ztxap-1858172916@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With all the motorcycle riding forums available in the area, it's hard to know where to go to find the kind of people you want to meet and ride with. May I suggest that you take a look at www.lakestockton.com. That's a funny name for a motorcycle forum, but that's where we are. Click on the link and when you get to the home page, click on Two Wheels In the Ozarks and you will find a whole new world of people who ride hard, play hard, and then share it with the rest of us on the forum. You do not have to be a member to "lurk"....feel free to look around the site and see the various activities that are covered. The bike riding forum is by far the most active and getting bigger every day. We not only have our own rides almost every weekend that average around 300 miles into Arkansas, Oklahoma, and across Missouri, but we also have strong ties to a large riding group in Oklahoma and we enjoy dual rides with them. If you love to ride and love to eat (we always have a new restaurant where we stop in and eat a meal),
you might take a look at the forum. It will tell you more about us than ten ads here on Craigslist. My name is the Coyotewhacker, and I approved this message to all you riders looking for a place to call home. If you have specific questions about us, click on the email link and I will get back to you
as soon as I can. Just to be clear about what we do: we are a social riding group. We don't have and don't wear any club colors.
Thanks,
CW

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1858172916

I tried to stay away from anything that was controversial....just invited lone wolf riders to come visit and take a look at us if they were interested. Below the text I attached four photos of things we had done. One was DE in the middle of the stream at Browns Spring, another was a shot of the flag line at Harrison at the cemetery, one was a pic taken when we were at the James River, and the fourth was a photo taken when we ate lunch at the chicken restaurant in
Springdale, AR. I checked my account with CL, and everything appears to be normal. My password was changed, but the new one would have come here, so I don't believe anyone has been digging around in that. When Jerry gets around to seeing that post, somebody is going to catch hell and I'm afraid I know who will be the nearest target of opportunity.
CW

"Dirty Harry" Callaghan

Posted by: missourimike
Date: July 24, 2010 12:17PM
I think you can handle it, Bill. Remember...you have TWO badges now and Jerry's isnt valid anymore. He'll probably take it out on Michelle, rather than someone who would stand up to him.

Posted by: Beerman
Date: July 24, 2010 12:19PM
Yes, that is wild and we didn't do it either, but we can't control what happens elsewhere. Lets just keep moving forward here with good riding and eating stuff. Speaking of that I am getting hungry now. Yes also CW I was able to pull up the ad for Lakestockton and look at it from what you sent me, but it never did show up on Craigslist even though it said it was posted on Thursday evening. Just post it again it will probably work when you do it this time.

"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall @#$%& the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams, 1776

"From time to time, the tree of liberty must be watered with blood of tyrants and patriots" --- Thomas Jefferson.

"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves. " ---Ronald Reagan

Posted by: hippochick39
Date: July 24, 2010 12:21PM
Yes, CW I have tried to post a couple of listings on CL lately and now that you have to sign up for a account, I can't get in, have to redo my password, go through all that and then my ad I wanted to post is gone!! ARG!! WHY do they have to mess with a good thing!

I'm here on Earth to HAVE FUN!!

Date: July 24, 2010 12:27PM
Yeah, I wasn't thinking about me. But every word of that CL post was dead on accurate. I will admit to being irritated by what went on over there, and when I got word that all the help and support we had given her was tossed away, I got really PO'ed, but that's what they chose to do. I know one thing that is going to be good for this forum: any potential new members are going to be real cautious about hooking up with an outfit operated like that. We have nothing to hide, anybody can see what we have to say, and they don't have to come to me on bended knee saying, "Please Mr. Coyotewhacker....I want to be a member of you forum. Please...please, please!" With three exceptions, anyone can sign on and make their own place in the group.
CW

"Dirty Harry" Callaghan

Date: July 24, 2010 03:21PM
Oh my! That is a rather incendiary post. But to be brutally honest, it's old news to most of us.The part about the personal slave is kinda kinky......
CW

"Dirty Harry" Callaghan

Date: July 24, 2010 06:30PM
Uhhhhh.....while looking for BMW goodies on CL, I discovered the post that was the topic of discussion is now gone...probably flagged. It may be gone from Craigslist, but I'm reasonably certain that there are copies of it lying around somewhere.
CW

"Dirty Harry" Callaghan

Posted by: wolfy70
Date: July 25, 2010 08:33AM
i saw that post and was in aww over and was wondering who would have posted that. i know that no one from here would have done thatso it has lead me to believe that someone from that forum musta done it. I wanted to show it to muffin when she got home from work but it was already gone. Not to get a war going or anything but..... KUDOS to ever posted that bit of truth. Ppl need to be warned of such places. most ppl are like all of us who just want a fun place to hang out and relax and meet good ppl which is why i tell every rider i meet about our humble home away from home here on the net

Date: July 25, 2010 09:37AM
Well said, Wolfy.....what they do over on the other site is up to them. We have our way of doing things over here. Our posts are open to anyone....and every time I log on to here, there are usually four or five "guests", meaning we get a lot of visitors who can see what is happening out there. Those visitors can't be controlled or told what they can and cannot see. They can't "say" anything until they are registered members, but that is easy and it's free.
But that's not the point of this forum....I don't know and don't really care what any other forum does, but here we ride. In between rides we spend time on the forum exchanging ideas and information on where we just rode or where we will ride next. I believe this post will be number 4004 in just over six weeks.....that is phenomenal considering the number of registered members we have. My counterpart recently said something to the effect that the people on this forum have nothing to say. I think he is wishing we had nothing to say, but the reality says otherwise.
As far as who put up the post on Craigslist, I still have no idea. No one has come forward to claim responsibility, but I am pretty sure it was no one from this forum. That's not the way we do things. I'm betting that it came from "out of state", or from a disillusioned OB member. We'll probably never know unless the poster comes forward and tells us. Anyway, go check your email box. Note coming at ya.
CW

"Dirty Harry" Callaghan

Posted by: wolfy70
Date: July 25, 2010 07:35PM
I calls em as i sees em Brother Cw by the way my tires should be here Wed. so i could be back on the road by the wkend after next yyyyyyyyyiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiipppppppppppppppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: thunderhorse
Date: July 25, 2010 07:53PM
Holy crap. All I got to say about the craiglist deal is, Whoever put that on craigslist is one stupid $%&^*$#). There are people in this world that I wouldn't piss on if they were on fire. But I would never do anything like that to them. It sounds from the posts here that everyone is surprised about it and seems to think it was out of line which, I hope is the case. AND Now back to your regularly scheduled forum posts

Posted by: Ozarksoutlaw
Date: July 25, 2010 07:58PM
I couldn't agree more TH.

If I'd a knowed I was gonna live this long I'd a took better care of myself.

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." Abraham Lincoln

Date: July 25, 2010 11:55PM
I don't think it was anybody connected to this forum. I have my differences with Rally, but that post was way over the top. It's interesting to note that whoever wrote it chose CL to post it. I got blamed for the Harley being repo'ed, so I'll probably get blamed for this as well. However, at the time that post was put up, I had been out mowing the yard for an hour or more. I did not even know about it until Mike found it on CL. Since I had nothing to do with it, it ain't my problem.
CW

"Dirty Harry" Callaghan

Posted by: JnC
Date: July 26, 2010 12:57AM
UMM I may be way off base with this line of thinking.....But WHO posted the CL list that was supposed to be Jerry's??????? I don't think he posted that list of stuff to sell. And when it came out on here.....it disappeared really fast........HMMM......Just sayin..:shrug:

If life is a highway, I need a new map.

Posted by: thunderhorse
Date: July 26, 2010 05:22AM
yep jnc. Know what your saying. Does make a person wonder.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login