Findmall.com

Lagniappe (Views)

Welcome! Log In Register
If i may.....
Posted by: 850 sooki
Date: July 22, 2010 01:40PM
It was 2 years ago when I lost my Dad "RIP" to the big ugly cancer monster. This weekend we are going back down the james river where my friends and family laid him to rest as per his wishes. We stopped at his favorite beer stop on the river had a toast and buried his ashes. I am not intending sympathy or any such thing . This just seemed like a place where I could ramble on a bit without being judged to harshly. I am not gonna lie I miss my pops very badly. He was my best friend and there is not a day that goes by that I don't wish that he was still here to drink a beer with. So if you any of you folks ever float the James or ride across the james drink a beer for my dad Wayne or toot your horn. I can guarantee he will appreciate the gesture. Ride hard my friends, you only have one life to live so make it a good one. I found this out the hard way by losing my buddy. I now take the time to smell the roses and look at all there is to see.

When in doubt.........RIDE!!

Re: If i may.....
Posted by: JnC
Date: July 22, 2010 02:19PM
I am sorry for your loss, sookie. It's alway hard to lose some one close. But remembering them in this way does help a bunch. Even tho I didn't know him, I'll pay tribute to him when I am there. As long as someone still holds them in their heart, they deserve that respect.....:angel:

If life is a highway, I need a new map.

Posted by: 850 sooki
Date: July 22, 2010 02:25PM
Thank you very much

When in doubt.........RIDE!!

Posted by: Beerman
Date: July 22, 2010 04:48PM
Aaron, Sorry for your loss. We all have been swimming and had a jello shot or two and a beer or two in the James river lately in galena at our favorite swimming hole. We are doing our part for your dad. My dad went in 2003 he had 9 years on a heart transplant and the kidney failure that comes after did him in. He is in Table Rock Lake down here near his home. That was what he wanted. So if you are on Table Rock do the same! Nobody here that I know of will beat you up for this we all had dads we miss. Wolfy just went through it recently also. He posted a great picture of his dad who looks a lot like him and we chatted about it on the other site. If you want post up a pic it is good for the soul!

"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall @#$%& the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams, 1776

"From time to time, the tree of liberty must be watered with blood of tyrants and patriots" --- Thomas Jefferson.

"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves. " ---Ronald Reagan

Posted by: Ozarksoutlaw
Date: July 22, 2010 06:23PM
Ramble all ya want Aaron, no one here will judge ya.

If I'd a knowed I was gonna live this long I'd a took better care of myself.

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." Abraham Lincoln

Posted by: whiskeyman
Date: July 22, 2010 08:07PM
Yep what Outlaw said.......

The Grim Reaper of Social Networking

Posted by: coyotewhacker
Date: July 22, 2010 09:21PM
I never ramble on .....ask anybody. No...wait...don't do that. Somebody might stretch the gospel truth. We had such a good time our our two outings to Galena that it is a certainty that we will go back first chance we get. Since you live in Branson, you could hook up with Beerman and Chick and ride over with them and join us at the river. Word is getting around in the @#$%& about what a great place it is, so I would not be surprised to see a bunch of them show up as well.You will find a lot of listeners if you want to tell us more about your dad.......
CW

A man has got to know his limitations.
"Dirty Harry" Callaghan

Posted by: hippochick39
Date: July 22, 2010 09:48PM
Yes, we listen well!! So sorry for your loss too.

I'm here on Earth to HAVE FUN!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login