Re: There's A Bad Moon On The Rise
Posted by: hippochick39
Date: July 20, 2010 12:16PM
Guess CW will have a free day!!!:super:

I'm here on Earth to HAVE FUN!!

Posted by: coyotewhacker
Date: July 20, 2010 01:42PM
Yeah, I went into court this morning and sat around for 45 minutes, then rode down to MoMike's for a short visit. I knew going it that the hearing wasn't gonna happen, but it was interesting to sit in the corner and watch what was going on. So I guess rally gets a free place to live, plus the Harley to ride, plus the big truck to not go to work in and Michelle gets to pay for all that plus the lawyer bills she has incurred when the original eviction process was started. That money that came from Jim's death two years ago is gonna dwindle pretty fast and we all know what happens then.
If you want to compare apples and cucumbers, take a look at the number of members on lakestockton.com......it is the nature of forums for people to sign up and either never post or take part in anything, or post once or twice and move on to something else. We have a large number of "lurkers" who visit us daily.
I can't tell where they come from, but a lot of people out there know about us and see what is posted here. If the founder of OB thinks he can keep his activities from his members, he is sadly mistaken. They come here, they see what is not allowed to be posted over on OB, and word gets around. What those people choose to do or not do about it is not my concern. I don't see a bright shining future for the OB forum. It has too much baggage and too much micro-mismanagement , and the core of the forum has either bailed out or been "banned" . For my part, I have turned off two accounts....one was when I offered to help a member over there fit in over here and he said he really did not want to be a part of this group, so I made it official. The other was last Friday when we all got dumped on. I turned off another person's account to keep the next round of crying and drama off here when it eventually happens.
That's it.....no wholesale running people off, banning them, or kicking ass and taking names........
Now.....let's look down the road a bit. Tomorrow I will be in Grove for the entire @#$%& to vote on my membership in that group. Like any large group, there are things that go on within the membership that cause friction and problems. They have a strong board of directors and they will deal with that stuff. Right now I don't have a dog in those fights and don't want to get mixed up in it. If the vote goes well and I am accepted as a full member, I will be putting in a lot of time with the Missouri branch that will be opened over here in the near future. That will probably take away some of the time that I have been spending on here with you guys. When the craziness of starting up a new branch is over, I will be back to full participation here, just like now. So don't think that I am
leaving you guys for greener pastures. I believe that over the next year many of you will want to take a look at membership in the Missouri @#$%& branch.
What the @#$%& does, and what we here on LS do are similar in many ways. At the same time, there are significant differences, primarily in the way they are incorporated and we are a loosely associated group. Anyway, since I don't know right now how much time will be needed for this Missouri @#$%& thing, I am going to take the conservative approach and make sure there is somebody available to deal with problems when I may not be handy. I have talked to this person about becoming a "moderator" down the road, but things are happening faster than I expected, and I believe the time has come to add some extra help to the existing staff of one. The scary part of doing this is that he can "moderate" me if I get out of line......:nono: So when I finish writing this and hit the Post Message button, I will go to another site and turn on the Moderator Functions of Mr. David Bierman. Congratulation, beerman.
CW

A man has got to know his limitations.
"Dirty Harry" Callaghan

Date: July 20, 2010 02:17PM
Yes, well said CW! It is SAD that you take someone in, help, listen and support them, get the foot in the ass and it was all for NOTHING!! I don't understand how someone can keep a job either with all the drama and running off at the drop of a hat~that money may go FASTER than they think!! :pcpuke: As for that other site, with a certain PRUDE over there, life will be VERY BORING!!
Now with that said, we move onto RIDING and all the other BS we like to talk about!!
Congrats Honey for your new JOB~ (Hey CW, does this job pay pretty good):thumbup:

Posted by: 2wheelin2000
Date: July 20, 2010 02:35PM
Whos honey? lol just kidding :thumbup: Go getem David. Just do me a favor and kick me off while i'm use to it. Hell i kinda like it. :rofl: Maybe i can go for a record.
As for if Ozark Beaters is in the crapper -----WHO CARES!:lol::rofl:

Posted by: RedneckRider
Date: July 20, 2010 02:36PM
Congrats Beerman! Don't bother asking for donations cause HMIC CW has already drained my coin purse for all of my pennies.:thumbup:

Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.
Thomas Jefferson

Date: July 20, 2010 02:38PM
Well, let's see now....since you will be the one to keep the new moderator in line, you will have to go on the payroll as well. Beerman will get the same pay I get, and I guess we can pony up 3/4 of his compensation for you. So far my pay has doubled every year and I fully expect to have that happen again this year in mid-August. What was that old Billy Ocean song...."Nuthin from nuthin leaves nuthin"......that's the pay scale around here.:biggrin:
CW

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but I don't see any point in beating a dead horse here on this subject. Chances are Michelle will never be allowed to see anything on here because of the control issue. I think everybody has had their chance to say what they want to say, so let's move on to something more productive.....like DE & Lori's bbq in three weeks. Since there will be a captive audience, I might bring down an amp and a guitar and get the law down on us for a terrible wailing coming from the yard.....I have heard that a couple or three guys on here have done vocals in bands, so they might be called on to join in the jam.(Lori doesn't know this yet, so don't tell her.....)

"Dirty Harry" Callaghan

Date: July 20, 2010 02:40PM
Speaking the the BBQ~ Yes, Lori, What can we bring???

Date: July 20, 2010 02:41PM
3/4 of nuthin...sounds better than what I make now so I'm game. if you really want to get the local law enforcement called to DE and Lori's place for some caterwalling then let me at the mike and you'll not only see the animals heading for St. Louis to find a good rapper to live with but theres also the possibility of Homeland Security being called for suspicion of testing a new sound weapon. :rofl:

Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.
Thomas Jefferson

Date: July 20, 2010 02:49PM
I just happen to have a low cost, low quality mike on a boom holder, so this could get real ugly real quick. I got some Merle music I would like to try out before the real deal at Big John's, a couple of old Joe Stampley songs that even DE has not heard, and just maybe....a Johnny Rivers song that I'm learning.
Think of it as karaoke on a straight tequila night.:devil:
CW

"Dirty Harry" Callaghan

Date: July 20, 2010 02:50PM
I just hope that we can afford to make it.

Thomas Jefferson

Posted by: missourimike
Date: July 20, 2010 02:59PM
Too bad that Wife's Cousin LeLand is no longer Chief of Rogersville PD. We could really CUT LOOSE, if he were. But then again, he did arrest his own brother once and literally kicked his ass for several blocks to the calaboose. As for me, I'm a little more reserved than I used to be. I will behave when at someone's home. It's always me called to the rescue, for bail or hospital trip.

Date: July 20, 2010 03:06PM
RedneckRider
I just hope that we can afford to make it.

The Wing gets pretty decent gas mileage if you don't stretch the throttle cables......you can sing for your supper, and with two mini-kegs of Heinie, you will be upgrading from that sale barn runoff you normally drink.....

"Dirty Harry" Callaghan

Posted by: missourimike
Date: July 20, 2010 03:09PM
They still make Schlitz beer?

Posted by: Beerman
Date: July 20, 2010 03:15PM
I drank my share of Shlitz, and PBR and Red White and Blue. That was generic PBR it was like $4 a case or something about 1978? Who could forget also Billy Beer? Jimmy Carters brother made cheap beer that was like drinking water. Wish I had some now unopened it is worth a little money as a collector item.

"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall @#$%& the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams, 1776

"From time to time, the tree of liberty must be watered with blood of tyrants and patriots" --- Thomas Jefferson.

"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves. " ---Ronald Reagan

Posted by: JnC
Date: July 20, 2010 03:37PM
OK....So lert me understand this correctly....if I get outta line...it will be beerman that spanks me?????????????:shrug:

If life is a highway, I need a new map.

Date: July 20, 2010 04:40PM
That is one possibility.....but if you are really, really, really bad....I still have the big stick. This is purely a pre-emptive way to cover those times when I might be involved in Missouri @#$%& business and can't give this forum the attention it deserves. This is not something that just came up....I started talking to him about it a couple of weeks ago, but then it was "....down the road." Well, "down the road" came sooner than I expected. By the way, my specific words to Beerman were that I did not expect any problems at all from the current membership. But forums are like that Pawn Stars show....you never know what might come through the door.
CW

"Dirty Harry" Callaghan

Date: July 20, 2010 05:01PM
The Wing gets pretty decent gas mileage if you don't stretch the throttle cables......you can sing for your supper, and with two mini-kegs of Heinie, you will be upgrading from that sale barn runoff you normally drink.....[/quote]

I'll have you know that I only drink the finest in malt beverages...BLACK LABEL!:cheers::rofl:

Date: July 20, 2010 05:03PM
OH~ I LOVE THAT SHOW!! Mindless TV, crap I can follow~LOL

Date: July 20, 2010 05:04PM
The bald guy that runs Pawn Shop is a pretty smart feller. I'm hooked on that one and American Pickers.

Thomas Jefferson

Posted by: JnC
Date: July 20, 2010 05:05PM
Well iffin I can't get a good spanking from beerman......it's just not worth the effort to be onery....:drinking:

If life is a highway, I need a new map.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login