Findmall.com

Fish, Fur & Fowl Recipes

Welcome! Log In Register
Lilbit's Caramel Iced Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
Posted by: lilbitsexton
Date: May 18, 2011 09:07PM
Here ya'll go! Now that I'm giving away my secrets ya'll wont need me anymore! lol... for the Pumpkin, you can used canned or FRESH Mashed... I've not tried it with the fresh stuff yet...

1/3 c. Milk
2 Tbsp Butter, I use real, unsalted
1/2 c. Pumpkin
3 Tbsp Sugar
1/2 tsp Salt
Dash of Nutmeg (original recipe does not call for this, but I add it)
1/4 tsp. Cinnamon (original recipe does not call for this, but I add it too)
1 Egg, beaten
1/2 tsp Real Vanilla
1 pkg Yeast
2. c. All Purpose Flour, sifted then measured (original recipe calls for 1 c. AP flour & 1 c. Bread Flour, I never have bread flour so I use the 2 c. AP)

1/3 c. Brown Sugar
1 1/2 Tsp. Cinnamon (If you add more cinnamon it seems to be "too much"...)
1/2 c. Raisins
2 Tbsp Butter Melted

*Heat milk & 2 Tbsp butter just until warm. Take of heat and set aside until needed,
*In large bowl, combine pumpkin, sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt.
*After well combined, add milk & butter mixture and vanilla, mix until well blended.
*Beat in Egg and yeast.
*Add 1/2 flour to pumpkin mixture and beat on low speed for 5 minutes (I usually just mix it for 2 1/2)
*Add remaining flour and stir with spoon until well combined. Dough will be softer and sticky.
*Turn in greased bowl and let double, then punch down and roll out into 10x12 inch rectangle.
*Mix brown sugar and cinnamon.
*Spread butter on dough, sprinkle with brown sugar mixture, add raisins and roll up.
*Cut, place in prepped 9x13 pan (I cheat and use non stick spray) and bake 350* for 17-20 minutes.

Icing:
1/4 c. Butter
1/2 c. Brown Sugar
2 Tbsp Milk
1/4 tsp Vanilla
1 dash Salt
1/2 - 3/4 c Powder Sugar, sifted

*Heat butter till melted over medium low heat. Add milk and Brown sugar. Once stirred to combine, cover and heat 1 minute. Remove from heat, pour in bowl, add remaining ingredients and mix with blender until combined... Spoon or drizzle over rolls.
I let my icing sit for a about 3 minutes to just start to harden up a lilbit that way it don't ooze off the rolls...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login