Fish, Fur & Fowl Recipes

Welcome! Log In Register
A recipe for your BBQ this weekend
Posted by: Beerman
Date: June 30, 2010 09:57AM
I am doing these on the grill instead

The Turtle Burger fits the bill...

Mmmmmmm bacon...

This is a heart attack waiting to happen.

Handmade ground beef patties, topped with sharp cheddar cheese,wrapped in a bacon weave.

The the next step? Add hotdogs as the heads, legs and tail.

Next?

Place on an oven rack, covered loosely with foil and baked for 20-30 minutes at 400 degrees.

A little crispy, not too crunchy...

Just how a turtle should be, no?

"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall @#$%& the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams, 1776

"From time to time, the tree of liberty must be watered with blood of tyrants and patriots" --- Thomas Jefferson.

"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves. " ---Ronald Reagan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2010 10:03AM by Beerman.

Re: A recipe for your BBQ this weekend
Posted by: JnC
Date: June 30, 2010 10:05AM
OHH yummmm. I'm thinking that the grill will be calling us this weekend too. I've got some peppers that are ready to split, stuff and wrap.

If life is a highway, I need a new map.

Posted by: hippochick39
Date: June 30, 2010 11:05AM
Um, when he showed me these at first, I saw the 2nd picture and thought they were real turtles!! Now, I've kind of lost the taste for them. David makes a meatloaf covered in bacon and OMG it is GOOD!!

I'm here on Earth to HAVE FUN!!

Posted by: Dirtyearnie
Date: June 30, 2010 11:58AM
YUM YUM! Looks delicious. I grew up in the boot heel of MO against the Mighty Mississippi River. Our favorite style of BBQ is smoked pork. We smoked it for about 8 hrs, give or take a few depending on the heat of the charcoal. We threw some hickory chunks on the coals. The secret ingredient that made it so good was Wickers marinade made in Hornersville MO just down the road from us in Caruthersville, MO. You can find it at most grocery stores. When it is done we add a little more Wickers to the sandwich for more flavoring.

It makes a lot, Refrigerates very well. That folks is great BBQ!

Riders please, choose secondary roads,they're scenic and safe and a lot more fun.

Posted by: hippochick39
Date: June 30, 2010 11:59AM
MMM~~ I love them burnt myself!! Ok now I'm hungry!!

I'm here on Earth to HAVE FUN!!

Posted by: RedneckRider
Date: June 30, 2010 01:59PM
Remember to always marinate your meat...it makes it more tender, juicier, and alot more flavorful. I even marinate my hamburger meat for at least 4 hours with the proper spices and sundries. Of course the best thing to marinate pork in is buttermilk because you will not believe the juiciness afterwards.

Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.
Thomas Jefferson

Date: June 30, 2010 03:47PM
shadowokie
Is that like marinating before sex?

Thats called foreplay or prepping the pickle!:thumbup:

Posted by: coyotewhacker
Date: June 30, 2010 04:14PM
I was down in Willard at MoMike's house this morning. We went inside to get some ice water and I was about 12 feet from his computer monitor. From my chair I could see the pics of the turtle burgers and I said "that looks like little grilled turtles.......". and we got a big laugh out of it. Upon further reflection, I think we might try this over the weekend and then I will make some up for the next time the kids visit and not tell them what they are. The younger granddaughter might actually think they are fresh turtles. Should be a blast! I really love to smother burgers in A-1 after grilling.
Thanks for what I believe will become a classic bbq item with the members.
CW

A man has got to know his limitations.
"Dirty Harry" Callaghan

Posted by: JnC
Date: June 30, 2010 04:57PM
Man I've been thinking about those damn things all day. Bet if ya like burgers a little spicey, you could put strips of pepper on them between the bacon and they would have green squares in their back like a turtle..hehe

If life is a highway, I need a new map.

Date: June 30, 2010 05:27PM
I can't wait til I get an opportunity to make the Beerman BBQ Turtles. Of course the bbq sauce might be a little bit much like blood.:devil:

Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.
Thomas Jefferson

Date: June 30, 2010 07:18PM
I did my own little creation tonight for supper and they turned out to be very delectable. Beat some chicken breasts. Pour some hot water on Stove Top Stuffing, just enough to get it moist. Stuff the breasts with the stove top and then rub the roll down with some olive oil and sprinkle on some garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, salt, and a dash of Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning. Wrap the rolls in bacon and then drizzle some honey on top, then sprinkle a little celery salt on top of it all. Then bake it in the oven on 350 for about 45 minutes. Sorry no pix.

Thomas Jefferson

Date: June 30, 2010 07:37PM
Yes, marinate is always good, I usually mix the burger with my favorite spices etc. I will add BBQ sauce in too. I din't know the buttermilk secret for the pork Jim, but you can bet your ass i will be trying that next time! Ha we are turning into a cooking and recipe site I love it!!!!! :clap: :jump:

"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall @#$%& the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams, 1776

"From time to time, the tree of liberty must be watered with blood of tyrants and patriots" --- Thomas Jefferson.

"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves. " ---Ronald Reagan

Posted by: coyotewhacker
Date: June 30, 2010 09:16PM
Just to keep this an honest motorcycle site, perhaps you can figure out how to cook the turtles on the cylinder heads of a bike.....
CW

A man has got to know his limitations.
"Dirty Harry" Callaghan

Posted by: Kimmer
Date: October 16, 2010 08:05PM
Most of the time when I do hamburgers or deer burgers on the grill, I mix in plenty of Carrot-cucumber relish, or if out of that, I use regular relish. Any of the relish that happens to be sticking out when the burgers go on the grill, get carmelized, and a tiny bit burnt, but the added flavor is wonderful.

And Shadowokie, I agree, my all time favorite is a slightly to medium burnt hot dog. With us doing baseball & football concession stands, Russ or whoever is cooking that night always burns a couple especially for one of the grandmothers and myself. So if we are ever together grilling, I'll have Russ "burn one just for you".

'Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference!'

Date: October 23, 2010 02:11PM
Wow that is a lot different use of the term "Burn One" than I am used too! :rofl::smoke:

Posted by: Kimmer
Date: October 23, 2010 02:35PM
Beerman
Wow that is a lot different use of the term "Burn One" than I am used too! :rofl::smoke:

Yes, I've heard of the other kind that you are refering to, but this kind of "burn one" tastes alot better than the other. Unless the stuff that you would "burn", you mix in brownies, then it tastes OK. Hey, we could top those brownies off with some of the "flavored" whip cream!! Then we would be doing a lot of this
:lol: :rofl: :lol: :rofl: :lol: :rofl:

'Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference!'

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login