Welcome! Log In Register
Pheasant Recipes
Posted by: walleyesrus
Date: December 06, 2005 02:37PM
Anyone have any good pheasant recipes?

Re: Pheasant Recipes
Posted by: MnWalleyeGuy
Date: December 06, 2005 03:52PM
First step....remove the feathers. Second step, throw the guts in CW's boat when he is not looking.

Have you ever done phesant fingers? Take the breasts, slice them into strips, soak them in an egg & milk wash for about an hour in the fridge, remove the phesant from the wash and coat them in shore lunch mix. Put them in the deep fryer.

Great appetizer/snack.

Date: December 06, 2005 04:17PM
I've heard of that but not done it.

Date: December 07, 2005 09:30PM
Good point by you.

Posted by: LCX-110
Date: December 14, 2005 01:39PM
Just like duck there is no good way to cook phesant!!....Nasty red meat....where is the puke smiley when you need it:lol:

Date: December 14, 2005 03:28PM
Obviously you have never had it prepared correctly.

Posted by: LCX-110
Date: December 14, 2005 04:01PM
Obviously!!:lol:

Date: December 18, 2005 09:27PM
I've had good duck and bad duck, but pheasant although dark in color doesn't taste like dark meat to me, it tends to be dry much like turkey, that is the biggest issue that needs to be addressed when cooking it.

Date: December 18, 2005 09:31PM
Pheasants and Mallards taken in the north are corn fed and taste much different than the same species taken around here. Same can be said for deer or antelope. An antelope killed in S.D. would taste much different than an antelope killed in Oklahoma.

Date: December 18, 2005 10:34PM
Phesant tastes like partridge to me....a bit dry, but a lot of flavor. Have to cook it slow and at a low temp. Thank God cream of mushroom soup was created.....I think the person that invented it like to eat partridge and phesant.

Date: December 18, 2005 10:35PM
I think CW used to cook his phesant with a little dinosaur. Rumor has it he was a hell of a "cave cook" until the wheel was invented.

Posted by: powerdive
Date: December 19, 2005 05:07PM
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

If it needs S-L-O-W cooking, may I suggest putting a government employee in charge of the kitchen that day?

Date: December 19, 2005 05:08PM
Maybe we could get some of those slow clildren they have around school zones.

Date: December 19, 2005 06:43PM
Too damn funny...Careful PD, you will get the PC police after you for that one.

My attorney has advised me that I can no longer comment on the wonderful job that government employees do.

I make a joke with a line about government employees, and I get blasted for it, and am referred to as anti-military. The same individual makes a comment about the shooting ability of members of the Air Force. Can't figure that one out. Guess the PC thing only works one way....

Posted by: powerdive
Date: December 20, 2005 04:06PM
I thought it was pretty silly. That comment was NOT directed at any one person, it played off a well-established comedic stereotype, and in my opinion people in those highly sensitive positions ought to be the most level-headed, least-offendable people in the world.

Besides, Hilary Clinton and State Transportation Dept. licensing attendants are government employees too... Game, set, match.

Date: December 20, 2005 04:20PM
#it played off a well-established comedic stereotype" Boy you can't hide education can you.

Date: December 20, 2005 04:34PM
Some people try to hide education, but the problem is that they don't have the education to hide in the first place!!! God bless America.

PC version of this:

Certain segments of the populous may or may not take steps to modify their certain education levels. This may or may not lead to a situation where said persons may or may not have the educational level to modify its existence from its' original levels.

May a non-religious, but possibly secular in nature, creature/spirit/being show support to a globally recognized region that may or may not be referred to as the United States. (Guam, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands are not to be confused with this same geographical entity.)

Posted by: REELXTC
Date: December 20, 2005 05:16PM
MWG,

You're getting pretty good at speaking "PC" fluently.

...REELXTC...

LUND PRO-V 2025 IFS POWERED BY YAMAHA

NPAA #547

<*}}}}}}><
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: December 20, 2005 05:26PM
I personally am so challenged in the pc area i wouldn't even attempt to explain my comments.:rage::rant::thumbdown:

Date: December 20, 2005 05:31PM
Geeze after looking at that post what I meant to say is I'm such a redneck azzhole I can't even spell p.c. This job is corrupting me.:devil:

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login