Findmall.com

Fish, Fur & Fowl Recipes

Welcome! Log In Register
Walleye Recipes
Posted by: powerdive
Date: October 19, 2005 08:36AM
I'll just beat ol' Juls to it...lots of good'uns here.

http://www.walleyecentral.com/recipe.shtml

By the way, I'll bet Juls would have a personal fave or two...:beers

Re: Walleye Recipes
Posted by: coyotewhacker
Date: October 19, 2005 08:45AM
When Rick and Juls pick up their new boat, maybe they could scrooch the dogs over a bit and pack a cooler full of big Lake Erie walleye fillets to bring down. Maybe do one of those shore lunch things. ??????????
CW

Posted by: mizfishr
Date: October 19, 2005 09:01AM
YUM!!

Posted by: Skeeter Jr.
Date: October 21, 2005 08:40PM
Dad makes a killer Baked Walleye. I think he sautes it and then a little lemon peeper, and some garlic and onions but i am not sure.

Posted by: MnWalleyeGuy
Date: October 21, 2005 09:30PM
I make a pretty kick butt baked walleye too....

I also like to pull out the cast iron pan and do my own shore lunch. I make my own batter. None of that boxed crud from the store for me. I tried to sneak a box batter batch in one time, and my wife got mad. She hated it. I think she was going to revoke my fishing priviledges.

Posted by: powerdive
Date: October 21, 2005 09:44PM
My wife's favorite is my mom's old beer batter recipe. It's incredibly simple. Great for onion rings too!

Beer Batter

Beat 1 egg well. Add:

1 cup flour
1 cup beer
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder

Blend well. Batter should be runny and should cling to spoon. Don't want it very thick at all--it puffs up in the deep fryer. Dang, it's good!

Posted by: MnWalleyeGuy
Date: October 21, 2005 10:04PM
PD...you mom should use new beer batter instead of OLD beer batter. That way the cook can sample the beer to make sure it is good.

Posted by: mizfishr
Date: October 23, 2005 08:29AM
OK I am ready, When and where are we going to have this shore lunch. PD will your mom be there to cook? I am begining to see a new outing taking shape. :D
MWG, will your wife join you if you promise no store bought batter? RUS you have a great spot down on the shore with fire pit and all. Or I am sure we could go to Stockton and borrow a day site at one of the campgroungs. Any thoughts?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/23/2005 08:33AM by mizfishr.

Posted by: walleyesrus
Date: October 23, 2005 02:05PM
Yeah I hear you we could definately do an apres outing shore lunch at our landing, the only problem is you have to beach your boat and I'm not too sure too many people want to do that.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login