Findmall.com

Waterfowl Hunting

Welcome! Log In Register
Open water ducks
Posted by: Hunter91
Date: January 17, 2010 08:03PM
Found some open water up some of the creeks this past week. Killed 9 gads, 1 green winged teal drake, 1 hooded merganser. That was in three hunts and Lil hunter bagged the merg:-) Lots of geese around.

"We're burnin' daylight" John Wayne

Re: Open water ducks
Posted by: bullitt
Date: January 17, 2010 08:34PM
Nice job guys! I killed a hooded years ago and had it mounted. It's really beautiful.
I saw more waterfowl in SE KS today than I have seen anywhere in years. Canadas, snows, and ducks were everywhere. Very little open water, but the birds were all in the fields. I watched about 1000 mallards land in a beanfield that was already full of geese. Really cool to watch.

Posted by: walleyesrus
Date: January 17, 2010 09:08PM
Quite a few geese on Stockton particularly around the big island, although the hunters we met at the ramp did not do too good Sat. Did hear alot of shooting late though.

Posted by: bignasty
Date: January 18, 2010 05:10PM
Is there any open water? I drove to High Point then around 245 down to Aldrich never saw any open water..Not asking for places to hunt just open water..Any information would be greatly appreciated..

NASTY

Posted by: lundone
Date: January 18, 2010 07:40PM
Water is open from State Park Marina and Mutton Creek to the dam.

" Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither."

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login