Findmall.com

Waterfowl Hunting

Welcome! Log In Register
Where to duck hunt on Stockton
Posted by: Waterman
Date: November 10, 2009 11:04PM
I was wondering where we can and can not hunt on the lake and the rivers. What area do most people hunt? Thanks to anyone who can help.

Re: Where to duck hunt on Stockton
Posted by: REELXTC
Date: November 11, 2009 12:37PM
You can hunt most places on Stockton except for the State Park and Aldrich refuge.

Here's a link with some more details: http://mdc4.mdc.mo.gov/applications/moatlas/AreaSummaryPage.aspx?txtAreaID=7701

...REELXTC...

LUND PRO-V 2025 IFS POWERED BY YAMAHA

NPAA #547

<*}}}}}}><
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posted by: SWMOHuntr
Date: November 12, 2009 03:10PM
Duck on Stockton, huh? You will probably find that like most places, fellow hunters will not disclose where they hunt (especially on a public forum). I will tell you that you will find people around Turn back and Turkey Creek, as well as other easy access areas. You will find ducks at a lot of places on Stockton, including those already mentioned. Just put in some drive time and sooner or later you will find a few. Sorry to not give you details, but like most others, I choose not to hunt around a crowd if I can help it. I started by not knowing the area but with some time and effort you will too figure it out in no time. Good Luck

Nathan

Date: November 28, 2009 09:18AM
Thanks for the information. I don't want anyone spots and I would not give mine out on line or in person. I was just trying to find some water that's not to deep. Haven't been seeing many ducks on Stockton has anyone else???

Posted by: bullitt
Date: November 28, 2009 09:39AM
still too early. This front coming in may bring a few.

Posted by: Hunter91
Date: November 29, 2009 09:07PM
Went Friday. Didn't see many ducks mostly good ole divers. My son killed two with his first shot and a buddy got a double on three decoying birds. Not my favorite ducks but can't be too picky at the moment:-) Only saw a handful of mallards and three gads.

"We're burnin' daylight" John Wayne

Date: November 30, 2009 11:12AM
Sounds good I went Sunday killed a few still not many birds. Thanks for the information congrats for your son and I hope you have a great season.

Date: December 03, 2009 03:32PM
I intend to go in the AM. Public ground with a half mile walk in. I sure hope the ducks show up.

Posted by: Hunter91
Date: December 03, 2009 04:15PM
Good luck bullitt. we made the trek to four rivers this mornin for nada. Saw a ton of ducks but I think they were migrating south and didn't see any of what we thought were new birds. Not a shot fired:confused:

"We're burnin' daylight" John Wayne

Date: December 04, 2009 09:11AM
I wussed out and decided that I didn't want to go that badly at 16F. Hunting by yourself is one thing, freezing your butt off is another. It's hell to get old.

Posted by: Tablerock
Date: December 04, 2009 04:01PM
Ah hem.......

"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty"

T. Jefferson

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login