Findmall.com

Waterfowl Hunting

Welcome! Log In Register
Doves
Posted by: Hunter91
Date: September 03, 2009 06:42PM
Went to Bois D Arc CA opening morning of dove season with OYD, Lakebumb and his two boys, and another couple friends. Had a great shoot!! Between the 7 off us we bagged 97 doves! I don't remember how many shells that took us though:shrug: Great hunt though!!

"We're burnin' daylight" John Wayne

Re: Doves
Posted by: walleyerich
Date: September 03, 2009 06:47PM
OHHHH......that sounds like fun. I used to go out to Lee's Summit on the public land, but you better be ducking and watching your back in the crowd. How do you cook em? In a stew?

Posted by: bullitt
Date: September 04, 2009 06:34AM
Some of the guys from work went over into KS and had a really good shoot. I quit pretending I liked them a long time ago. They're fun to shoot, but I don't want to eat them.

Posted by: Tablerock
Date: September 04, 2009 03:28PM
Take the breasts and chop them up, add some sweet pickles, mayo, salt and pepper, whatever, and make Dove salad sandwiches. Not bad if you are REAL hungry....... lol....
Wow !! 97 Doves. The wind must have not been blowing. They can go by at mach 2 with a tailwind. :rofl:

"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty"

T. Jefferson

Date: September 06, 2009 10:28PM
Well, the 30 or so that went to my house were marinated in soy sauce, garlic salt, and oil for a couple hours. Then wrapped in bacon and grilled. Didn't hear any complaint out of my three kiddos:biggrin:

Wasn't as crowded this year as last. Most people were pretty decent that we hunted near. Except for the cat that bit OYD.........................

Date: September 08, 2009 07:36PM
ok Paul Harvey, let's hear the rest of the story!
Does OYD need to learn to leave strange, uh, kitty alone?

Date: September 08, 2009 11:07PM
We learned that rabies is 100% fatal. So if you get bit by a strange animal out in the woods and the animal starts acting strangely its better to be safe than sorry and go ahead and get rabies shots...ouch!!

Date: September 09, 2009 01:28PM
That sux. Probably isn't cheap either.

Posted by: OYD
Date: September 16, 2009 09:47PM
The moral of the story is, when something in the wild bites you that is capable of carrying rabies. Kill it. Don't shoot it in the head. But kill it. Take it to Greene County health and have them examine its head to see if it has rabies. Less painful and less expensive than rabies shots...I'm here to tell you. I'm not sure how much but St Johns is running a tab for me.....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login