Findmall.com

Waterfowl Hunting

Welcome! Log In Register
Seasons End
Posted by: Hunter91
Date: January 25, 2009 04:50PM
Had a good duck season end this morning with Lil Hunter. Killed 4 gads with 4 shots. Its sobering to watch your son mature into an ethical, responsible hunter with good common sense. I had an excellent season hunting with him, OYD, Lil OYD, Lakebumb, both lil bumbs and some others. Hunter and I bagged over 50 ducks and geese this year which does not tell you the success or failure of our season but the time spent with him and my friends in blinds, lake and creek side, and knee deep in cold marsh water are the measure of our successful season. One of the highlights was the couple of recent hunts we had with our huntin buddy that was on leave from Iraq. The birds cooperated fair but the hunts were great!! Please keep him and all our military overseas in your thoughts and prayers.

"We're burnin' daylight" John Wayne

Re: Seasons End
Posted by: bumps2
Date: January 26, 2009 05:59AM
Hunter91,

Congrats to all of you on a good season. Like you say, the number of birds bagged you'll soon forget but the memories will remain forever. Back in the early and mid 70's Terry and I hunted almost every weekend of the seasons on the Osage River below Bagnell Dam. We kept a log book of each hunt. The memories are still crystal clear of all of the hunts, especially the ones where our Dad's were with us. Cherish the moment.

b2

Re: Seasons End
Posted by: lundone
Date: January 26, 2009 08:28AM
Lil Hunter is not so little anymore and won't be again so it is great that you two have had the fine experiences together this winter. Hope you have many more.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login