Findmall.com

Waterfowl Hunting

Welcome! Log In Register
Any more ducks/geese on Stockton?
Posted by: SWMOHuntr
Date: January 05, 2009 07:30AM
I have had a tough go of it the last few weeks and was hoping that some folks on here have at least seen a few ducks. I am needing just a glimmer of hope to get back out there. I hope everyone else is doing better this year than I am.

Happy Hunting
Nathan

Re: Any more ducks/geese on Stockton?
Posted by: lundone
Date: January 05, 2009 03:23PM
I am not a duck hunter but I watch for them and the last few days I haven't seen them on the lake or the creek I watch. Could be I am not going to the right places.

Posted by: Hunter91
Date: January 05, 2009 10:58PM
Been seeing them on the ponds around the lake. Need a good freeze to cover the ponds and make the birds move back to the lake. Their still around but I don't think they have to much incentive to move in 40 to 50 degree weather.

"We're burnin' daylight" John Wayne

Date: January 06, 2009 04:58PM
Hunter91
Been seeing them on the ponds around the lake. Need a good freeze to cover the ponds and make the birds move back to the lake. Their still around but I don't think they have to much incentive to move in 40 to 50 degree weather.

That's what I am figuring.. Actually hoping!

Date: January 06, 2009 07:30PM
You can count on a good freeze about one week after season closes.:shrug:

Date: January 07, 2009 12:59PM
Well, another bust on Stockton this morning!

Date: January 07, 2009 01:50PM
Hit Table Rock for a few hours this morning with OYD. Bagged a couple of mallard drakes and one goldeneye drake. Should have done a little better but lost one to diving and was out of position for another couple shots. Killed most of what we shot at and did not see many more. Kind of slow.

Posted by: bullitt
Date: January 07, 2009 07:42PM
91, did you ever find a labradog? I can't remember if you told me.

Date: January 08, 2009 08:55AM
No, I put that on hold for a little while. I got to many brands in the fire at the moment. My family keeps reminding me though. The hunt yesterday with OYD and his lab, Tiger and our New years day hunt with Lakebumb and his lab, Hersey, were great reminders of what enjoyment a good dog adds to the hunt.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login