Findmall.com

Waterfowl Hunting

Welcome! Log In Register
Weird duck
Posted by: Hunter91
Date: December 24, 2008 11:22PM
Lil Hunter and I went out today and killed 11 ducks mixed bag of gads,mallards and one shoveler drake. He also killed a duck that looked just like a mix between a gadwall drake and a mallard drake. I'll get a pic up in the next couple days. Kinda strange looking. Once it drys out some we will determine if it is a potential mount. Lil Hunter killed his limit and I was shy of one bird.

"We're burnin' daylight" John Wayne

Re: Weird duck
Posted by: bullitt
Date: December 25, 2008 07:32AM
Sounds like you guys had a good day. Congrats! I'm anxious to see the weird duck.

Date: December 25, 2008 01:22PM
Here it is. Its head is part brown, part green. It has a green wing patch and its back has coloring like a gad though its breast in burgundy/white like a mallard.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/25/2008 01:24PM by Hunter91.

Date: December 25, 2008 04:22PM
The duck looks like a mallard/pintail cross to me. I wouldn't hazard a guess on the guy in the hat.:punch::biggrin:

Date: December 25, 2008 06:38PM
I killed a pin/mallard several years ago that was Identified by a conservation officer. Looked similiar but this had some different characteristics. here are some better pics.

Date: December 26, 2008 08:16AM
There isn't much in this world that is hornier than a drake mallard.

Date: December 26, 2008 02:01PM
The ducks weren't moving much this morning. Lil hunter and I got 2 mallards, 2 gads and 1 goldeneye that Lil Hunter made an awesome shot on. Lots of folks out fishing this morning.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login