Findmall.com

Bow Hunting

Welcome! Log In Register
they are chasing
Posted by: redneck cowboy
Date: October 27, 2011 11:10AM
Just thought I would share the info. Bucks are intact chasing does already. I am getting ready to track 2 that were shot while chasing this morning

The difficulties of life are intended to make us better, not bitter. ~Author Unknown

Re: they are chasing
Posted by: CW
Date: October 31, 2011 06:34PM
Cowboy came by the Compound today and we walked the woods up on the hill behind the house. Found several well used trails, but no recent rubs. I had to take Hausfrau into town to pick up a few items, so Jeremy rode up to the North Forty to look around. When I got home he was waiting in the driveway all excited, and the pop up blind was set up in the front yard. I told him we don't get many deer in the front yard but that he was welcome to sit in the blind there if he wanted to...:biggrin: What he had found was some very large deer hoof prints in the mud around the edge of the pond on the N40 and wanted to set the blind up off one corner where the deer trails converged. We took it down, folded it up and put it in the back of his Jeep, then took it to the pond up on the North Forty and set it up backed into a small cedar thicket. The blind has "shoot through" netting on the windows, so if he wishes, he can take a shot without lowering the screen windows to let light in and scent out. If a deer wanders in, he will have a five to seven yard shot and the deer should never know he's there. I put a folding camp chair inside the blind, so tomorrow morning he should be good to go.
CW

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login