Findmall.com

Bow Hunting

Welcome! Log In Register
Talk about a target rich environment.......
Posted by: coyotewhacker
Date: August 31, 2011 08:49AM
Yesterday afternoon I was sitting under the mimosa tree in the front yard talking to JackNCoke on the phone when I saw a flock of turkeys come meandering over the hill. Our goats were not far away and I wondered what would happen when they noticed each other.....I came in the house and got the camera and was able to get these pics before the turkeys wandered on into the woods.....

CW

A man has got to know his limitations.
"Dirty Harry" Callaghan

Re: Talk about a target rich environment.......
Posted by: JnC
Date: August 31, 2011 10:41AM
Looks like one was trying to decide if the other was a food possibility or not:rofl:

If life is a highway, I need a new map.

Date: August 31, 2011 11:17AM
You can't see them in these pics, but just to the right of the turkeys there are twenty or more big round haybales with just enough room for an archer to slip in and hide....the possibilities are endless.:biggrin:
CW

Hey.....since I am now part of the entitlement generation, don't I get a free lifetime regular hunting and standard fishing license from the Great State of Missouri?

"Dirty Harry" Callaghan

Date: August 31, 2011 12:19PM
I believe so once you hit the BIG 65.

Date: August 31, 2011 03:21PM
Yeeeeeee Haaaaaaa! Free hunting and fishing (except for trout and White River chain lakes in Arkansas). Life is good!
CW

"Dirty Harry" Callaghan

Posted by: missourimike
Date: August 31, 2011 06:34PM
When you run out of turkeys at the Compound, come on over my neighborhood in Willard. We have to stop the vehicles and honk to get them out of the way. Yesterday, the local flock was prowling the front yards a few blocks from here. I've counted as many as 30 in one group, at the end of my street.

Posted by: CrazyLarry
Date: August 31, 2011 07:12PM
Turkeys, what turkeys, I thought we were talking about the goats:shrug:

Date: August 31, 2011 10:59PM
:rofl:CL

Posted by: Beerman
Date: September 01, 2011 09:21PM
Hey CW don't forget the free Annual National Parks Pass also! Another benefit of being an old geezer!

"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall @#$%& the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams, 1776

"From time to time, the tree of liberty must be watered with blood of tyrants and patriots" --- Thomas Jefferson.

"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves. " ---Ronald Reagan

Posted by: Tablerock
Date: September 08, 2011 05:13PM
CW...........Have you tried to pull your bow string back lately? My little 65 lb pull seems more like a hundred pounds or so.......:rofl:

"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty"

T. Jefferson

Date: September 12, 2011 12:42PM
TR,,,,,not only has the bow string gotten much harder to pull back, but the bow itself seems to weigh several more pounds than last year. Must be something in the air this year....but yesterday I was digging around in the basement and found three quivers of crossbow bolts with the broadheads attached, so at least I don't have to go out and track down new impact end pieces. The scope on the old Horton should still be completely zero'ed, but I will check it just to make sure. It's too hot to hunt, but maybe some deranged fat doe will wander by next week after I get back from the Gathering of the Guard and pay the ultimate price. Every morning when I get up, I am reminded of why I have that lifetime exemption for using a Xbow....
CW

"Dirty Harry" Callaghan

Date: September 13, 2011 08:38AM
Chuck came home with 2 cameras last night. They have been getting some good pics from a couple of their "hot spots". Now they can check out a couple more places.

Date: September 23, 2011 05:29PM
Looks like the toms and hens are beginning to gather in the big winter flocks. While driving into town, the field just south of us had fifty or more birds walking around feeding. Fall firearms season opens in a few days......with a little luck we might have some slow smoked wild turkey breast at Roaring River.
CW

"Dirty Harry" Callaghan

Posted by: Beerman
Date: September 23, 2011 06:41PM
That would e yummy!

"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall @#$%& the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams, 1776

"From time to time, the tree of liberty must be watered with blood of tyrants and patriots" --- Thomas Jefferson.

"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves. " ---Ronald Reagan

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login