Findmall.com

Bow Hunting

Welcome! Log In Register
First deer on camera!!!
Posted by: redneck cowboy
Date: August 14, 2011 10:06PM
Well, he's not big but I see antlers. First time I have been able to get any deer on the camera. I think its been too hot or something. Maybe they just werent moving before now. I cant tell what the one behind the buck is. Then there is the doe with her baby. My stand is about 60 yards from where this pic was taken. I have moved it now into the woods more. I think its a main travel corridor for them between a milo field and an alfalfa field.

The difficulties of life are intended to make us better, not bitter. ~Author Unknown

Re: First deer on camera!!!
Posted by: JnC
Date: August 15, 2011 03:58PM
COOL!!!

If life is a highway, I need a new map.

Date: August 15, 2011 05:16PM
He will work. Especially since I do not have a Missouri buck yet or a buck taken by a bow yet. Hopefully I can remedy that this year. I would like for my first one out here to be bigger but a 6 pointer will work.

The difficulties of life are intended to make us better, not bitter. ~Author Unknown

Date: August 15, 2011 05:22PM
4 pt. antler restriction???

....Never mind.....brain fart!!! Thinking of Hickory Co. instead of Polk Co.......Duh.....NO 4pt. restriction here yet!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2011 05:27PM by JnC.

Date: August 15, 2011 07:16PM
Yeah thats new to me too. Gasconade Co has the restriction. Not used to not having it.

Posted by: Beerman
Date: August 17, 2011 04:16PM
Excellent!!!!

"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall @#$%& the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams, 1776

"From time to time, the tree of liberty must be watered with blood of tyrants and patriots" --- Thomas Jefferson.

"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves. " ---Ronald Reagan

Posted by: coyotewhacker
Date: August 23, 2011 10:27AM
Finally got around to downloading and processing the pics in the other cams we have set out. Most were pics of nothing since the wind gets the grass to waving, which sets off the camera, but there were some that were pretty decent. These came from the front gate area where Lindsay will be hunting in the buddy stand with Cowboy, and the last ones came from the far back corner where my tall buddy stand is located.

A man has got to know his limitations.
"Dirty Harry" Callaghan

Date: August 23, 2011 10:32AM
These came from the gamecam set up in the northwest corner of the pasture where there is a natural funnel for the critters to travel through

CW

"Dirty Harry" Callaghan

Date: August 23, 2011 10:36AM
Then there are some things that we just can't explain....might have to call out The Ghostbusters to help with whatever this is:

As you can see, whatever it is obviously moved past the camera, but it is also semi-transparent because you can see the grass and limbs behind it.
It better not show up while I'm up in the stand or we will find out if arrows or bullets will affect it.....:suprised:
CW

"Dirty Harry" Callaghan

Date: August 23, 2011 12:54PM
Looks like a Bigfoot fart to me!!:spin:

Date: August 23, 2011 04:44PM
Could be, but Peanut is going to be sixteen feet off the ground about 10 yards from the gate.....I am not so sure that the 5.56 bolt rifle she will be using can take out something like that...:wink:
CW

"Dirty Harry" Callaghan

Date: August 23, 2011 06:26PM
Pics look good CW. I am hoping she gets one this year. She would be ecstatic.
On a side note, there is a hunters safety class in Halfway on Sept9 and 10. Gonna sign her up tonight for it. That will be covered then

Date: August 23, 2011 10:33PM
I have no idea what a Bigfoot might taste like, but if she shoots one, there certainly will be some serious questions at Shrock's when you show up to get it processed.....oh...you mean you hope she gets a deer. :devil: If she sits in that stand for the Youth Hunt weekend and the four days (or more) of the regular season, chances are very good that she will get a shot. The deer are there. It's just a matter of waiting them out until they move out of the woods to feed.
I'm thinking you guys will want to spend the night here to save time getting to the stand before first light. That option is always open if you want it.
CW

"Dirty Harry" Callaghan

Date: August 24, 2011 04:35AM
That will probably work out best for her. She is not a morning person.

Date: August 24, 2011 03:24PM
I don't know why, but I've never taken a deer in the first hour or two after sunrise....for some reason they don't move around here early. I still get up in the middle of the night, fix a big breakfast, and hit the stand an hour before shooting time, but the deer sleep in. Surprisingly, the best time to be alert is about noon time when a lot of hunters come in for lunch. We have seen a line of deer on several separate occasions coming north off the alfalfa field through the front pasture on their way to bed down in the 11 am to noon time frame. If that happens again this year, the pontoon boat deck might be a pretty good
"deer blind".....
CW

"Dirty Harry" Callaghan

Date: August 24, 2011 09:44PM
Whatever works I say.
That card worked fine in my computer. Here is what I got. If I see it out there while I am in the stand its in trouble...
Now I know why the front of my camera is covered in mud.

Date: August 24, 2011 09:46PM
Okay, I wouldnt really shoot Bud's cows but it would be tempting if they are still out there screwing everything up:ranting:

Posted by: yttocs
Date: August 25, 2011 08:26AM
When I used to go hunting out at the farm I would put the cattle up in a small pasture a day or so before the big hunt.
If I didn't, The cattle would follow me to the deer stand and want to hang out and visit.

Posted by: Beerman
Date: August 25, 2011 06:48PM
Yes, CW's friend moved his to where we weren't hunting all except 1 and a calf that refused to go. We managed not to shoot them! :rofl:

"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall @#$%& the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams, 1776

"From time to time, the tree of liberty must be watered with blood of tyrants and patriots" --- Thomas Jefferson.

"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves. " ---Ronald Reagan

Date: August 25, 2011 07:39PM
The cow and calf are going to be herded out of the pasture where Cowboy's stands are located and will be "encouraged" to head back to the farm on the north. The four wheeler is an excellent "cutting horse" and can easily keep cows moving where you want them to go. Git along, lil' dogie......
CW

"Dirty Harry" Callaghan

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login