Findmall.com

Bow Hunting

Welcome! Log In Register
Farming For Wildlife
Posted by: Skeeter Jr.
Date: October 27, 2009 10:36PM
Over the past two years I have really got into farming for wildlife. How many of you guys farm for wildlife rather then just farm? to me farming for wildlife is a much more enjoyment then farming for cattle, or horses. I have really gottoninto food plots and what type of seeds to plant and what time of year. How do you guys feel about farming for wildlife? What steps do you take to produce more and better deer on your farm? This is one thingI want to do when I get older, is get a piece of property and specifically farm it for wildlife, including deer, turkey, and even some of the varmints that aren't pest. Any input would be great since this is something I am learning, and trying to become better at.

Thanks
Jr.

Re: Farming For Wildlife
Date: January 11, 2010 03:54PM
got my first issue of farming for wildlife and so far a very good magazine. I highly recommend it!

Posted by: bumps2
Date: January 12, 2010 12:22PM
Jr,

I think what you are doing is great! If I had the land every bit of it would be in wildlife habitat. I would especially like to have quail habitat. Up here in Pulaski County back in the 60's when every farmer had a patch of corn and brushy fence rows we had lots of quail. Then came the beef farmers and nothing but fescue and the quail all but disappeared. And, at least in our area, one big problem would be keeping trespassers and poachers off your land.

But where there's a will there's a way. Would like to see some of the pics where you and lundone have planted plots on his land.

b2

Date: January 14, 2010 09:46PM
We have been passing a few ideas around for some new plots. Maybe we will post pics in progress

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login