Findmall.com

Bow Hunting

Welcome! Log In Register
good broadhead
Posted by: fcso1253
Date: October 06, 2009 12:03PM
Kind of disturbing, but over the past 2 or 3 years I have been doing some extensive testing on broadheads. I have found a mechanical I plan on sticking with. The 100 grain Grim Reaper razor tip 1 3/8 cut diameter is one phenominal head. I have taken 2 whitetails a year with it along with ALOT of antelope. This broadhead has never failed me in any way what so ever. It has penetrated shoulders with no prob. I have also had complete pass trhoughs on a majority of the animals shot, along with this antelope doe. The doe was quartering to me and I shot through her left shoulder and the arrow exited right in front of her right ham. Absolute awesome broadhead! Try it.

Re: good broadhead
Posted by: Skeeter Jr.
Date: October 06, 2009 02:44PM
Looks like a good broad head that is a pretty good broad head. I use Muzzy 100 Grains havent got a deer yet with my bow so I couldnt tell you how well I like them. I believe Gasman uses them and I doubt he has anything bad to say about them

Posted by: Hunter91
Date: October 07, 2009 03:05PM
I used muzzys for a while and they are good broadheads. I use expandables now and have had good luck with them also.

"We're burnin' daylight" John Wayne

Posted by: lundone
Date: October 11, 2009 08:31PM
I am sure there are a lot of good broadheads on the market but I started using Bear Razor Heads (single blade with two edges with an insert which I never use). Have killed many deer, etc with them and never felt the need to change. If anyone thinks there is something better and knows why it is please let me know.

" Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither."

Posted by: foggy324
Date: October 13, 2009 06:40PM
Jim thats the exact broadhead I started out with. I used to live next to an archery shop and shot everyday. I kept shooting and increasing my draw weight and when I started getting over 80 lbs. they started to get erratic flight patterns. I switched to Muzzy"s then. I shoot a 100 lbs. Pearson Renegade II with the fast flight system. An antique by todays standards..But I shoot 31 in. 2419 XX75s and it has about the same kinetic energy as a 12 gauge slug.about the same weight too. I can't say one broad head is better than the other, but I like the Muzzy practice blades..I think that practicing with them instead of field points has an advantage in accuracy when hunting. Glad that you don't use the inserts, they have a tendency to break off and are a danger when eating your deer if you can't find them!!!! Also found out how out of shape I'm in, thought I was gonna have to sit down and use my feet to draw it when I started shooting again!! Gregg

Posted by: Skeeter Jr.
Date: October 14, 2009 10:03AM
You still do have an archery shop right down the road from you!!

Posted by: duckguy
Date: October 16, 2009 08:50AM
Rage two blade for me!!!! Massive holes going in and out.

dale

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login