Findmall.com

Firearms Hunting

Welcome! Log In Register
Deer Season
Posted by: yttocs
Date: October 08, 2011 01:51PM
Kay and I usually go out to the farm on Friday & Saturday night of opening deer season.
We cook our meals outside and enjoy sitting around the camp fire and taking it easy.
I won't be doing any hunting because of my new shoulder this year.
Any of you that I know and ride with are welcome to come out and hunt, spend the night and
chow down on some outside cooking. Bring your other half if you just want to get away for the week-end.
We don't have any beds out there but you are welcome to bring something to sleep on. The house is heated.

We have 103 acres out there so it is plenty of room to hunt.

Yttocs

Re: Deer Season
Posted by: CW
Date: October 18, 2011 06:34PM
Thanks for the invite, Scotty. I do essentially the same thing here on the Compound for whoever will be hunting opening day. Probably be Redneck Cowboy , Peanaut, and me (if she gets her marksmanship finished in time). I did stop by Wally World today and picked up another two man buddy stand to set up where I can watch a long tree line opening morning or sit in it for the afternoon hunt.
With a little luck and cooperation from the weather, I will have it assembled and up on a tree by noon tomorrow.
CW

Date: November 16, 2011 08:52AM
Opening day of deer season. ( Breakfast )

Posted by: Ozarksoutlaw
Date: November 16, 2011 09:37AM
I wish I'da been here for that!!!!!

If I'd a knowed I was gonna live this long I'd a took better care of myself.

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." Abraham Lincoln

Date: November 16, 2011 01:27PM
Shawn, I think it was six of us for breakfast and as always we had left overs.
It has been a tradition for many years that I cook breakfast at 10 am
on opening day of deer season. I used to have neighbors that would come up to eat
and set around and shoot the -----. ( Always around a warm camp fire. )

Posted by: Tablerock
Date: December 08, 2011 07:31PM
yttocs....You the man ! What a nice invite. Been to CW's and we always had a ball. Watch out for Mrs CW if she is pouring your drink out of a wine bottle.......lol........Mss "G" knows a good wine when she see's it...

"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty"

T. Jefferson

Posted by: coyotewhacker
Date: December 13, 2011 02:06PM
We ran out of that special "Half Way Firewater" a while back, but if I can establish another blackberry patch we will have the fixin's for another batch. I did find two bottles of it down in the basement, but they got snapped up real quick by a couple of the ladies on here. It is not often that you find home made wine that runs almost 40 proof....and there was no distilled alcohol added. All natural fermentation.
CW

A man has got to know his limitations.
"Dirty Harry" Callaghan

Posted by: Ozarksoutlaw
Date: December 14, 2011 11:45PM
Ya changed my mind on the wine, that Halfway Firewater was really good!!!!!!:thumbup:

If I'd a knowed I was gonna live this long I'd a took better care of myself.

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." Abraham Lincoln

Posted by: coyotewhacker
Date: December 15, 2011 05:00PM
Looks like smokepole season opens up Saturday morning. Cowboy is headed up this way and will be hunting with a Cabela's Sporterized Hawken...percussion sidelock...old school, but with a nice thick rubber recoil pad. If he don't like that one, he can always try his luck with my old TC .45 Hawken that has a curved brass buttplate. :devil: I will be packing the .45 Knight Disc Hunter that I've used for the past several years. It's not old school like the two Hawken style rifles, but it more than holds its own at ranges the Hawkens won't even think about. Hopefully we can fill a couple of tags early and get the deer in to Shrock's by noon.
CW

A man has got to know his limitations.
"Dirty Harry" Callaghan

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login