Findmall.com

Firearms Hunting

Welcome! Log In Register
AR tips
Posted by: lundone
Date: March 23, 2010 09:38AM
Saw this article and thought I would pass it along. http://www.military.com/entertainment/outdoor-guide/ar-hunting/annoying-toe-stubbers-of-ar.html?ESRC=vr.nl

" Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither."

Re: AR tips
Posted by: Tablerock
Date: March 23, 2010 10:20AM
Very interesting ..... :thumbup:

"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty"

T. Jefferson

Posted by: walleyerich
Date: March 23, 2010 03:55PM
Ruger and Sig have some piston guns that are supposed to be easier to clean. They are a little bit more expensive, though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2010 04:00PM by walleyerich.

Posted by: bullitt
Date: March 23, 2010 08:37PM
Pretty good stuff. I don't really agree about the cheap ammo, though. It really doesn't hurt anything if you keep your rifle clean, IMHO.
On the other side of the coin is an engineer friend of mine who is trying to make his rifle fail. He shoots cheap ammo and has never cleaned the weapon. He has shot nearly 3K rounds without a failure. He said he was just looking for the point where the gun would take it anymore. He hasn't found it yet.

Posted by: lundone
Date: March 23, 2010 09:25PM
What brand of AR does your engineer friend have bullit?

" Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither."

Posted by: bullitt
Date: March 23, 2010 09:39PM
It is one he built himself from a DPMS upper and a DelTon lower (or the other way around). It's nothing fancy, but it goes bang every time and the bullet goes where he wants it. I'm not really advocating his approach, but it was interesting to me that someone would do that just to find the failure point.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login