Findmall.com

Firearms Hunting

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Deer Season
Posted by: lundone
Date: December 28, 2009 09:17AM
BRRRRRRR! Good luck to you.

" Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither."

Posted by: foggy324
Date: December 28, 2009 01:30PM
I hope you like deep snow! Better take chest waders..:thumbdown: Gregg

Posted by: LCX-110
Date: December 28, 2009 10:27PM
Our friends there told us to stop at Cabela's and get some snow shoes. Never thought I'd be hunting in snow shoes.......Don't guess they have filled in any of the pot holes on I-29 since last time I traveled on it..

Go Hogs!!!

Date: December 31, 2009 08:15AM
We are headed to Scheels in Souix City this morning to get some snow shoes. Hard to get around in snow that's above our knees. The guy we are hunting on has been nice enough to push paths for us with his tractor but we still can't get where we need to go.

Go Hogs!!!

Posted by: crazy1
Date: December 31, 2009 09:22AM
Good luck

Posted by: foggy324
Date: January 01, 2010 07:08PM
It's supposed to get to -23 in northern Iowa tonite and a wind chill advisory is in effect with temps down to-35.Hope you got your deer already!! Gregg

Date: January 01, 2010 07:44PM
Those snow shoes are the "Cats Meow"....they really work....some of our group missed 2 today and a really nice buck wouldn't stand still long enough for me to get a shot....yeah doubt we are out until evening tomorrow.

Go Hogs!!!

Date: January 06, 2010 07:15PM
We didn't get a buck we had our chances and blew them.....We saw several big Iowa bucks and had a great time despite the bitterly cold temps and the 20 plus inches of snow....

Go Hogs!!!

Posted by: bullitt
Date: January 06, 2010 08:29PM
Glad you had fun. Sounds cold to me. A little different for an Arkansas boy, huh?

Date: January 07, 2010 08:09PM
Yes a little different never thought I'd be hunting in -20 temps.....We saw a few pheasants...

Go Hogs!!!

Posted by: REELXTC
Date: January 07, 2010 11:52PM
I only saw one pheasant on the drive across IOWA.

...REELXTC...

LUND PRO-V 2025 IFS POWERED BY YAMAHA

NPAA #547

<*}}}}}}><
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login