Findmall.com

Firearms Hunting

Welcome! Log In Register
This Could Be a Very Good Year.....
Posted by: coyotewhacker
Date: September 22, 2013 09:36PM
I got up this morning and drove back to check the game cams. So far, it's been mostly pics of curious cows, a lot of false pics of open pasture, and on the front cams, a lot of pics of the goats as they graze behind the house. One cam has consistently yielded pics of the local does and yearlings, but no bucks of any kind. This morning was different....I was going through the images on the SD card and found this bad boy's pic as he wandered down off the hill. I could have hit him with a rock if I had been in my ladder stand when he came along. I may have to see what I can do to keep him around for another couple of months until we can do some business with the trusty ol' Browning A bolt 7 mag.
CW

A man has got to know his limitations.
"Dirty Harry" Callaghan

Re: This Could Be a Very Good Year.....
Posted by: missourimike
Date: September 22, 2013 09:50PM
Looks like a lot of rack for his size. If you need any bait, I've got bucketfulls of apples, but my deer may eat them all before too long. Father-in-law used to get his from the kitchen window. Apple tree in his yard, of course.

Date: September 22, 2013 10:15PM
It's very hard to count points on this pic, but I believe there are at least five on each side, plus the usual long ring hangers. If so, this is definitely a wall deer for somebody. The best part is that I am pretty sure this is the same buck that walked under my stand the day before the season opened last year, so his genetics are out there in the herd. At the time, I thought his rack was way big for his body size, so it's probably the same buck. When I come down for the ammo I'll bring some buckets for SDN....supplemental deer nutrition...which might keep him around for a while. Thanks.
CW

"Dirty Harry" Callaghan

Posted by: Ozarksoutlaw
Date: September 23, 2013 05:49PM
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

If I'd a knowed I was gonna live this long I'd a took better care of myself.

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." Abraham Lincoln

Date: October 05, 2013 05:59PM
Work on the fence between us and the farm to the south is completed except for one gate. Bud, my neighbor, scraped and disc'ed a food plot on my side of the fence, then I followed up with grading and leveling with a DR Power Grader pulled by my zero turn mower. Got all the rocks picked up, and on Tuesday I seeded the plot with a heavy application of MFA food plot mix. The plot got rain two or three times, but really got a good soaking last night. I went out to check on any sprouting and was surprised to find the entire hundred yards or so of planted area is filled with little green winter wheat fuzz. The turnip seeds, clover, and New Zealand rape will be up in another couple of days. By early November it will be a deer buffet, just in time to replace my neighbor's alfalfa fields that will be cut and baled this week, weather permitting........Life is good.
CW

"Dirty Harry" Callaghan

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login