Findmall.com

Firearms Hunting

Welcome! Log In Register
Good luck to all opening day this Saturday
Posted by: coyotewhacker
Date: November 08, 2012 10:07PM
The 2012 season holds a lot of promise. While sitting on my re-located stand a couple of days ago, I had three does come out and walk across my back yard. No big deal, but the very nice 12 point buck following them really caught my attention. Next afternoon five mature does came out of the same patch of woods, but no buck this time. Since all the deer seem to feed at night on an alfalfa field south of the Compound, I think they will pass within reach of my little Browing A bolt 7mm Rem Magnum. Guvner stopped by today for some reloading refresher training and we made sure his rifle is ready for Saturday morning., Could be a bad day for the deer.
CW

A man has got to know his limitations.
"Dirty Harry" Callaghan

Re: Good luck to all opening day this Saturday
Posted by: rlbvtx
Date: November 09, 2012 02:03AM
good luck to all

Liv'n The Dream.... on my VTX

Posted by: Tommygun48
Date: November 10, 2012 07:22AM
Good luck & remember, riders, they will be spooked & running wild after today.. Ride with caution...

SW Mo Ride Captain

Patriot Guard Riders

God created us from dust. That is no reason to treat another person like dirt!
DIAPERS & POLITICIANS MUST BE CHANGED FREQUENTLY, FOR THE SAME REASON

Posted by: missourimike
Date: November 10, 2012 04:47PM
We put a few miles on and covered a good bit of SWMO today. Didn't see a one. Anyone else?

Posted by: 2wheelin2000
Date: November 10, 2012 08:09PM
I dropped a six point this morning about 8. It was around 135 yards away thru the timber and I really thought it was bigger than it is when I shot it but after walking up to it I see its smaller than what I was wanting. Oh well, its still good eating for the people I gave it to.

Date: November 11, 2012 08:45PM
The wnd kept the deer pinned down in the woods all day until half an hour before the sun went down. Then all hell broke loose with deer running everywhere. I didn't see the buck I've been watching, and did not want to take a doe yet, so I blanked yesterday and didn't even leave the house today. When the rain clears out, I'm hoping the deer will be active with bucks chasing does like they were doing yesterday afternoon late.
CW

"Dirty Harry" Callaghan

Date: November 12, 2012 01:33PM
Took a chance on the clearing weather this morning and meandered out to the stand with only the rifle about 6:45 this morning. Nothing was moving around me, but I heard several shots off to the south....multiple shots at whatever they were shooting at.....so I figured they might drive a deer or two my way. About 7:15 I saw movement in the west end of the pasture about 325 yards out. Thought it was a coyote sneaking around in the tall grass, so I put the scope on it only to see a decent rack on a nice size buck. Got the parallax on the scope set, cranked up the magnification and guessed the yardage to be about 300. The shot was a good one, and the buck dropped in his tracks. The bullet hole was a couple of inches behind where I was aiming, but for an old guy with bad eyes and a funky cheap scope, it worked out well. Jeremy came by with two that he and Peanut had taken yesterday, helped me load the field dressed deer into the back of the Jeep, and away we went to Schrock's. The line of trucks was long, but the wait to check in was not, so we got the deer checked in at the office and unloaded at the back door. I kept the head to make a European or horn only mount. It will go nicely with the full mulie mount over the fireplace.
CW

"Dirty Harry" Callaghan

Date: November 13, 2012 12:23AM
glad ya'll got some meat for the freezers,, we made the journey to shrocks saturday afternoon for some pork chops and turnovers, yum yum..

Date: November 14, 2012 12:54PM
Just got back from Bass Pro Shop after having a new extractor installed in my Colt Commander. The total labor charge was $15......not at all bad for a part that your life could depend on some day. While there I picked up some primers and a horn only mounting kit. With a little luck, the horns will be on the fireplace tonight.
CW

"Dirty Harry" Callaghan

Date: November 14, 2012 01:05PM
photos... or it didnt happen.. :rofl:

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login