Findmall.com

College Sports

Welcome! Log In Register
Congratulations to Sirmanski
Posted by: coyotewhacker
Date: September 27, 2009 02:41PM
Seems like Eyeohway stole another victory from Penn State yesterday. I was hoping that would happen with UI as the underdog.
I got a nice surprise when the new top ten came out today....Florida, Texas and Alabama still sitting atop the polls, but LSU has moved on up to #4. That's nice, but I don't think it's gonna last.....Oh...congratulations to LCX110 as well. His favorite coach at Ole Miss let an easy one slip through his fingers. I watched the game, and it seemed to me that Hooten Nutt got out-coached and his team got out-played by South Carolina. The roving cameras did not show any walleye style boats in the parking lot, so the fish must not have been biting. Didn't see any boats on the trip down to Fayetteville yesterday, but I did see many thousands of motorcycles from Monett on down to Fayetteville. Got wet between Bolivar and the north side of Springfield, but after that the weather cleared out and it was a beautiful day. Rode 321 miles round trip to get a bbq sandwich and a cold Bud Lite. Going back next year. On the way down, we did skirt by the north shore of Beaver Lake, so now I know how to get there.
CW

A man has got to know his limitations.
"Dirty Harry" Callaghan

Re: Congratulations to Sirmanski
Posted by: Sirmanski
Date: September 28, 2009 11:19AM
Thanks CW. The Hawkeyes did a great job going into Happy Valley and trimming Joe Papa's Nittany Lions ears back. I think a # 13 rating is a little high for the Hawks but it is a just reward for their showing against Penn State. It also keeps our opportunity to have a Bowl game bet if the Hawks and the Tigers meet in a Bowl game at the end of the season...slim chance but maybe.....lot of games between now and then.

Sirmanski

Posted by: walleyesrus
Date: September 28, 2009 11:59AM
Iowa drubbed Arizona State who just gave Georgia all they wanted so I'm not sure that ranking is too far fetched, that defense is pretty talented and I doubt the quarterback could have had a much worse game, there is alot of upside there. The Michigan game will be the big barometer.

Posted by: Sirmanski
Date: September 28, 2009 01:11PM
10-4 on the Michigan game for the Hawks. They can't look beyond Ark St because s_ _t does happen. At least we have Michigan at home. I get to go see the Michigan game....should be fun.

Sirmanski

walleyesrus
Iowa drubbed Arizona State who just gave Georgia all they wanted so I'm not sure that ranking is too far fetched, that defense is pretty talented and I doubt the quarterback could have had a much worse game, there is alot of upside there. The Michigan game will be the big barometer.

Posted by: walleyesrus
Date: September 28, 2009 03:17PM
Are you going to the game? I have a bunch of friends and relatives that go to the games.

Date: September 29, 2009 08:57AM
I hate to say this, but I have a gut feeling that LSU's rise in the polls is just about over. Ole Miss just showed that they are not nearly as good as the polls indicated, but the SEC is filled with seriously good football teams, and Tebow is supposed to be back for the LSU game. Alabama is bad to the core, and I don't think LSU can deal with their offense. On the plus side, the Bama defense is probably the best in the country right now, and the LSU offense is "iffy" at best. If Tebow is rusty (he won't be), then LSU has a fighting chance. Then there's that pesky buncy from Auburn who have more mascots than Carter has little pills....Tigers, Eagles, Plainsmen, etc. etc. etc. I might go out on a limb and say that the SEC is the strongest conference overall as things stand right now.
Sirmanski....it's not that long a run down to Jonesville Ark. I went there several years ago when La. Tech was still in the Sunbelt Conference. Nice stadium. Lots of fans with only one tooth.
CW

"Dirty Harry" Callaghan

Posted by: REELXTC
Date: September 29, 2009 08:59AM
Just a question.

What's the SEC got to do with walleye fishing. Let's move it to the college sports forum! :poke:

...REELXTC...

LUND PRO-V 2025 IFS POWERED BY YAMAHA

NPAA #547

<*}}}}}}><
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posted by: REELXTC
Date: September 29, 2009 03:57PM
Welcome to College Sports!

Heading to the CSU Rams homecoming game and Parents Weekend in Ft. Collins the 10th. GO RAMS :clap:

...REELXTC...

LUND PRO-V 2025 IFS POWERED BY YAMAHA

NPAA #547

<*}}}}}}><
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posted by: crazy1
Date: September 29, 2009 08:40PM
Damn that didn't take long to move the post.

Date: October 03, 2009 09:39PM
:confused:Looks like Iowa administered a lesson in how the game is played to national powerhouse Arkansas State in a 24 - 21 stomping.
I was at a football game in Jonesboro several years ago when I still lived in La. A longtime friend of mine drove us up in his little Ford pickup. La. Tech won the game by fifty plus points, and I won a fifty dollar bet with another friend who is a graduate of Ark. St.
The Indians must have gotten a whole lot better since then.:rofl: :poke:
Meanwhile, down in Athens, Ga., LSU somehow managed to beat Georgia in a barn burner over the last three minutes. The announcers at ESPN just could not accept the fact that LSU won, and were blaming the officiating crew (Mark Mays in particular) because UGA got flagged for excessive celebration after they scored a go ahead TD. The ESPN boys finally got around to saying that LSU got exactly the same penalty a minute or so later when they scored the winning TD. I maintain my position that ESPN should hire neutral announcers for any given game and not old burned out ball players who look for excuses when their chosen team fails to win. I don't much care for the "excessive celebration" rule, but it the NCAA leaves it on the books, then it should and will be enforced. I didn't think either team should have been given the flag, but then again, I think the kid who rang Tim Tebow's bell last week with a legal hit should be given a medal.....maybe young Tim won't be ready to play next weekend when the Gators come to Death Valley......:look:
CW

I woke up this morning to see that Miami U (of Florida) slipped past Oklahoma by a point....if memory serves me well, that's two losses for the Sooners this year. Of course, Sam Bradford did not play, but his replacement apparently played well. The game report mentioned something about Bob Stoops being outcoached again.....so maybe next year for the Boomer Sooners.
Arkansas embarrassed the Aggies in the new Texas Stadium....that is an old, old rivalry from the Southwest Conference days.
The SEC West is looking like it could be a shootout later.....

"Dirty Harry" Callaghan

Posted by: bigboy
Date: October 04, 2009 01:37PM
OU is likely to be 3 and 3 in six games. The fanatics down here are lining up to jump of bridges. I am an OU fan and supporter but heck no line, receivers hurt and the same old tired defensive coach. I have made more money off of these fanatics betting against OU so I guess I need to be quite. Kind of funny though.

Date: October 05, 2009 06:00PM
Hey, Bill.......while I think OU might be better in the win column if your quarterback was able to play, I still cast a suspicious eye on Stoops. If Bradford is not back, UT is gonna have a field day in Dallas. Bradford's backup is a pretty decent qb, so OU is not losing that much....but at the level big colleges play these days, that little bit is enough to make a huge difference in the won/lost
comparison. I've been out all day collecting small children and making burnt offerings to the football gods that the Florida quarterback will have to stay out one more game.....that being against LSU in Baton Rouge this week. He has not been allowed to watch tv or read (standard in concussion cases), and so far he has not been cleared to even go to practice, so there is a chance he won't be able to suit up Saturday night. If he does play, he can't expect the LSU defense to slack off just because he scrambled his head last game....the Tigers don't much care for Tebow, and chances are that they would really go after him if he tries to come back and play too early. A loss would certainly be devastating to Florida, but a re-injury to Tim Tebow would be even worse for both Tebow and to Urban Meyers for pushing the envelope.If the LSU defense does not grow up and play to their potential, the Gators may not need Tebow.
CW

"Dirty Harry" Callaghan

Posted by: bigboy
Date: October 06, 2009 07:41AM
I dont think it would make any differance if Bradford was back. You have to have an offensive line and receivers to catch the ball. OU is very weak on both.

Date: October 07, 2009 09:11AM
LSU's big weakness seems to be in the linebacker corps.....they are seniors and should know how to defend a receiver by now, but apparently too much Dixie 45 brew makes them forget. The future looks very bright on offense. The sophomore QB is slowly learning how to read the defense, and they have a freshman kid who has more talent in his little finger than most other teams have in aggregate. He can play several positions, including QB, so when both are on the field, you never know what will happen. The Tigers have put in a few Wildcat type plays, and those are fun to watch. Unfortunately Florida knows how to defense the wildcat.
What bothers me the most is that LSU has two of the best wide receivers in the game, and this new sophomore QB can't seem to find them. It's costing them a hundred yards or more of passing offense every game and Miles had better get a handle on it or the end result is going to be 3rd or 4th place in the SEC and LSU could end up playing Iowa in the Scubbing Bubbles Out Back Toilet Bowl..........:bouncy:
CW

The Chair recognizes Sirmanski for his turn..........

"Dirty Harry" Callaghan

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login