Findmall.com

College Sports

Welcome! Log In Register
Huge Win for Iowa in Opener.....................
Posted by: coyotewhacker
Date: September 08, 2009 09:41AM
WOW! The first weekend of 2009 NCAA football is now history and Iowa really put a thrashing on that small national powerhouse team from Northern Iowa. ESPN could not keep from commenting on the play of the Iowa team and how they managed to save the victory with two blocked field goals in the final seconds. The Iowa fans must be reall encouraged at the prospects for the rest of the season when Iowa plays lesser teams like Michigan and Ohio State....:rant:
Meanwhile, over in Oklahoma, the Sooners not only lost to BYU, but Sam Bradford is out for an indeterminate time due to an injury to his throwing shoulder. If he has not healed by the Texas game, Coach Stoopes is gonna be watching tv when the BCS Championship game is being played in January.
LSU traveled some 2900 miles out to Washington to play the Huskies. I stayed up until 1 am watching the game. As expected, the LSU linebacker corps still has work to do, but they took care of business and won by 8. Washington scored with less than a minute to go when LSU put a lot of subs in to get them some game time.
Last night was the best game of the weekend.....Fla State vs Miami. I don't like either team, but I was sorta pulling for the Seminoles and Bobby Bowden. The game was back and forth for 60 minutes. FSU had the ball on the Miami 2 yard line with a 1st down and goal to go but could not get the job done. Miami won the game when the FSU receiver dropped a pass in the end zone with no time on the clock. Looks like the FSU linebackers need a few extra workouts and perhaps lighter shoes to increase their speed. They let their team down with ineffective coverage and a noticeable lack of speed.
Well, maybe those folks in Iowa have finished the endless celebration of their great victory....time to get ready to play with the big boys......
CW

A man has got to know his limitations.
"Dirty Harry" Callaghan

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login