Findmall.com

College Sports

Welcome! Log In Register
USC and Pete Carroll go down in flames..........
Posted by: coyotewhacker
Date: September 26, 2008 10:48AM
Last night the highly overrated #1 USC Trojans were beaten 27-21 by Oregon St. That ends their quest for a national championship.
Which Big Ten team will be the next to fall? Dare I speak the words.....Ohio State?
Seems like this is a replay of the BCS ratings game from last year, and the year before that, and the year before that.....yaddah, yaddah, yaddah. Oregon State was a 27 point underdog, yet they came out and beat the unbeatable Trojans. Kudos for them.
That puts LSU right where they need to be at this point in the season. They go up against Miss. St. tomorrow night. Should be a good game. Miss St is much improved and Coach Coombs will have his team ready to play. That won't be enough, though. Unless LSU rolls over and plays dead I think they will come away with a win. That's why the game is played on the field and not on the pages of the west coast newspapers. :cheers:
CW

A man has got to know his limitations.
"Dirty Harry" Callaghan

Re: USC and Pete Carroll go down in flames..........
Posted by: bigboy
Date: September 26, 2008 07:40PM
I would give you a hard time with my Sooners but TCU this weekend and a 17 1/2 point favorite. TCU has a great run defense and OU has an average secondary on defense. Take TCU and the points. Stoops only covers at home 10 percent of the time. LSU has a very good team but please don't brag about their coach. Oklahoma State is still cleaning up after him.

Date: September 26, 2008 07:41PM
Also the Sooners are not a number 2 team at this point. Maybe around 7 or 8.

Posted by: Walleyedmike
Date: September 26, 2008 10:53PM
Hmmm...Everything is starting to fall into place. I think CW might be a college football prophet here. LSU vs winner of Nebraska/Mizzou game for all the marbles:cheers:

WM

Date: September 27, 2008 12:02PM
Nebraska will win the north of the Big 12 but thats it. The north can't handle the south when it counts. EVER

Posted by: Walleyedmike
Date: September 27, 2008 07:05PM
Your half right bigboy, Nebraska won't win the Big 12, they're not even ready for the north yet, Mizzou will win the north, OU will win it all...Sorry CW

WM

Posted by: coyotewhacker
Date: September 28, 2008 04:50PM
Well........lotsa things changed this weekend. LSU and Bama swapping places for 2 and 3, depending on which poll you look at, and little Bobbie Stoops over there in Norman feeling on top of the world. Didn't they go down to New Orleans a while back to give LSU a lesson in how the game is played????????? If LSU can get past Bama, which is no sure thing, maybe Bobbie will have a chance to redeem that pounding LSU put on them last time. Or maybe it will happen again. Les Miles has a way of getting the job done one way or another. Speaking of cleaning up......my first college for two years, La. Tech, is still mopping up from the mess
that Budke left when he took the women's basketball team coaching job at Okie State about the same time Les took the LSU job.
CW

A man has got to know his limitations.
"Dirty Harry" Callaghan

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login