Re: It's Time!!!!
Posted by: LCX-110
Date: January 07, 2008 03:55PM
3 hrs now

Go Hogs!!!

Posted by: REELXTC
Date: January 07, 2008 07:48PM
The faux tigers better git with the program.

...REELXTC...

LUND PRO-V 2025 IFS POWERED BY YAMAHA

NPAA #547

<*}}}}}}><
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: January 07, 2008 08:45PM
looks like they musta heard me

geaux tigers

...REELXTC...

NPAA #547

<*}}}}}}><
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: January 07, 2008 09:42PM
I was fixing to do some rubbing in but after the first 5 minutes things have slightly changed.............So will LSU send
Nick a ring since he built this team:starwars:

Go Hogs!!!

Posted by: coyotewhacker
Date: January 08, 2008 10:29AM
I will admit to saying a few unprintable words during the first five minutes, but after that it was smooth sailing. My assessment is that LSU came to play to win, and OSU came to not get beat. There is a difference, and it showed last night. There was a huge difference in penalties as well. Ohio State did not seem to have the discipline to avoid the killer 15 yard personal fouls, and that kept them in trouble all night. LSU generally leads the known universe in penalty yards, and they didn't get flagged until 10:35 in the third quarter....that's unheard of for any LSU team. I really had hoped to see Ryan Perilloux more, but it was Flynn's final game and I think Les wanted to let him be the leader until the final gun.
As for being What's His Name's team.....only the seniors were recruited by Nick Saban. Next year's back to back Championship team will be all Les Miles. ......plus the kids that Bo Pelini recruited for the defense. But Nick's fingerprints are no longer on the team, and the underclassmen are ready to do it again.
Meanwhile, I hear that members of the U of A team are still hitchhiking back up I-35 after the Cotton Bowl whuppin' they took. Story was that they stunk up the place so bad that they weren't allowed back on the team's '78 International school bus and had to make their own way home. Any truth to that report?????:rofl:
CW

Date: January 08, 2008 10:54AM
I was surprised to see Flynn start/play as much as he did.............A new Era has begun at Arkansas the players that remain are about add a new word to their vocabulary and that is DISCIPLINE something Nutt never enforced.....The ones that don't like it can follow their CULT leader to Oxford......Word is there will be a "Junction Boys" type Spring Football practice this April to weed out the Nuttiz's.........I don't expect BCS appearance's in his first 2yrs but after that I will expect to Compete for a BCS bowl..............McFadden hasn't declared yet and I can't figure out why the deadline is next Tuesday the 15th, if he was here next year they might compete for a chance to represent the "West" in Atlanta but the chances of him staying are not very good......

Go Hogs!!!

Date: January 09, 2008 09:58AM
Arkansas is not the only school that has discipline problems. When you take high school kids out of the ghetto and put them in a scholastic environment, many times they don't react well. I have always thought that the schools offering full rides to athletes out of high school should have a MANDATORY "boot camp" in the summer session before school starts much like the pro teams do with rookies.....sit them down in a classroom, teach them study habits, make sure the local bars are off limits while they are on scholarship, and indoctrinate them into how to be a successful student first, then worry about the athletic side of the college experience. The kids might not like it, but if every school did it there would be no option but to learn the things they didn't have the opportunity to learn while in high school. Down the road it would pay dividends to the schools because the student athletes would not be lost to academic or discipline issues, and the kids themselves would get what they are paying for with their athletic efforts.....an education. I would also like to see the NFL, NBA, etc. come up with an internal rule that they would NEVER draft a kid out of college until he/she had reached the age where they would have graduated......that would stop this bailing out on teams that the good athletes are famous for. If a 20 year old kid knows that he can't jump from his college team to the pros without sitting out a year or two, the college teams are stabilized, the athletes will stay in the books, and the pros will still be there when they graduate or reach an appropriate age....21 or 22 in most cases. Just my two cents worth. One more thing: I would love to see the NCAA institute a rule wherein a head coach in any sport could not jump to another school without a one year advance notice, and in turn schools would have to give those coaches a one year notice of intent to terminate or not renew their contract. That would put a little integrity back into the coaching musical chairs game.
CW

Date: January 10, 2008 09:20AM
OK, are you down off your soapbox yet?

...REELXTC...

NPAA #547

<*}}}}}}><
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: January 14, 2008 12:47PM
NO! The NCAA is making hundreds of millions of dollars off these kids, and they still want to call it "amateur athletics"....share the wealth with the workers, I say.
CW

A man has got to know his limitations.
"Dirty Harry" Callaghan

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login