Findmall.com

Crappie & Panfish Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
SHOW ME CRAPPIE RESULTS 3/7
Posted by: adjust555
Date: March 07, 2010 06:46PM
Had a great time on the water. If there were no shad there were no Crappie. Was up by the state park with the rest of the crew and could not find any size. after catching 1 limit decided to look elsewhere for bigger fish. should not have left. Found shad on the little sac but could not buy a bite. Here are the results.
1st Place : Darrel Jones & gordon Miller
7 Fish Total Weight : 5.31lbs

2nd place Vince Maguire & Brad Murdock
7 fish Total Weight: 4.00lbs

Big Fish: Darrel Jones & Gordon Miller; .885lbs

Our last Winter tourney is in 2 weeks 3/21 hope to see afew of you guys there.

Re: SHOW ME CRAPPIE RESULTS 3/7
Posted by: yankeefisherman
Date: March 08, 2010 10:12AM
My son and i also had a great time on Stockton Sunday with 17 keeper crappie in the live well before the bite seemed to drop off so we headed home.... I missed Vince in his new boat but did meet several other locals in the State Park area all seeming to be enjoying the day....BB

Posted by: walleyerich
Date: March 08, 2010 11:03AM
Yankee, ya done good! PD and I went fishless yesterday. What depth were you fishing?

Posted by: REELXTC
Date: March 08, 2010 12:53PM
yankeefisherman
My son and i also had a great time on Stockton Sunday with 17 keeper crappie in the live well before the bite seemed to drop off so we headed home.... I missed Vince in his new boat but did meet several other locals in the State Park area all seeming to be enjoying the day....BB

good job BB. :thumbup:

...REELXTC...

LUND PRO-V 2025 IFS POWERED BY YAMAHA

NPAA #547

<*}}}}}}><
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: March 08, 2010 03:32PM
Reelxtc-- we stopped by the tree house around 10 am Sunday morning and it looked like you had packed up and gone as we were going to give you an invite to join us....Rich, all were caught in 20----26 feet of water on chartreuse tubes, light line and with a tandem setup. Very light bite as i missed more than we caught....As Vince said they were schooled up chasing shad... No shad no crappie in a cove...We were late getting into them as at 10am we talked to three boats that already had their 30 fish limits by then and they used red head and chartreuse skirt tube jigs. Call me or e-mail me and I'll dial you in.....BB

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2010 03:36PM by yankeefisherman.

Date: March 08, 2010 04:15PM
yankeefisherman
Reelxtc-- we stopped by the tree house around 10 am Sunday morning and it looked like you had packed up and gone as we were going to give you an invite to join us....Rich, all were caught in 20----26 feet of water on chartreuse tubes, light line and with a tandem setup. Very light bite as i missed more than we caught....As Vince said they were schooled up chasing shad... No shad no crappie in a cove...We were late getting into them as at 10am we talked to three boats that already had their 30 fish limits by then and they used red head and chartreuse skirt tube jigs. Call me or e-mail me and I'll dial you in.....BB

Lets not give the whole secret away now.Mike is my compitition. Ah what the hay. they will have moved in 2 weeks. Wish I would have meet you yankee. i should have never left there.

Date: March 08, 2010 05:04PM
YF,

We left the TREEHOUSE about 9:00 on Sunday morning, so I must have just missed you.

Lisa had to open the store at noon on Sunday, so we had to head home.

I'll be down this weekend.

...REELXTC...

NPAA #547

<*}}}}}}><
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: March 08, 2010 06:13PM
Vince ----mums the word on the cove, as you noticed, but walleyedmike, walleyerich and reelxtc know i can be persuaded for a five minute shopping trip at the tree house!!!!! :rofl::beers:

Date: March 08, 2010 06:18PM
yankeefisherman
Vince ----mums the word on the cove, as you noticed, but walleyedmike, walleyerich and reelxtc know i can be persuaded for a five minute shopping trip at the tree house!!!!! :rofl::beers:

Sorry, no stinkin' crappie is worth that. :thumbdown:

...REELXTC...

NPAA #547

<*}}}}}}><
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: March 08, 2010 07:05PM
Oh---I almost forgot but my first hit was a 5 minute fight on 4# flora carbon, and i thought for a moment that Mr Big Walleye was coming home to Daddy. You guessed it a 7# golden CARP. I thought for a moment about saving it for the next fish fry at the tree house but after a brief moment of laughter and knowing how great of guys you all are i decided against it.......BB:drunk: P.S. are we having a MSW meeting Thursday night???????

Posted by: powerdive
Date: March 08, 2010 08:07PM
Hmmmmph. We never even found any shad.

I'll bet everybody was bunch up inside the breakwall in State Park Cove. Where the sign sez "No Fishing." Yeah, that's it.

Reel in more customers.

Posted by: Bob1
Date: March 08, 2010 09:09PM
everybody was bunch up?

Date: March 09, 2010 08:58AM
powerdive -did you try the back end of Old State park ramp???????? out of the wind !!!! BB

Date: March 09, 2010 10:38AM
secrets out. really with over a dozen boats parked side by side, realy was no secret.

Date: March 09, 2010 10:40AM
It really wasn't a secret.

Saw about 20 boats there on Friday.

...REELXTC...

NPAA #547

<*}}}}}}><
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login