Findmall.com

Largemouth & Smallmouth Bass Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
New to me boat
Posted by: Hunter91
Date: June 17, 2008 02:13PM
Finally got a pic of my "new to me"boat up. 1989 20ft champion. Rigged rod holders up on it and can troll with bags as low as 1.0 mph for walleye fishing and it will scoot when needed. Probably faster than I am comfortable with. Lil hunter on the other hand thinks it is not quite fast enough:rolleyes:

"We're burnin' daylight" John Wayne

Re: New to me boat
Posted by: bigboy
Date: June 17, 2008 03:34PM
Nice rig!! Just pick mine up Sunday. There is too much water down here right now. Can't find a ramp.

Posted by: bullitt
Date: June 17, 2008 07:20PM
Glad you told me. I might start shootin' if I thought an outsider was fishing "my" water! :rofl:
However the flotilla of planer boards might give it away. Looks like a nice ride. Congrats!

Posted by: coyotewhacker
Date: June 25, 2008 08:24PM
That's a funny looking Lund, but it still looks nice.:devil: Congrats on the new-to-you ride.
CW

A man has got to know his limitations.
"Dirty Harry" Callaghan

Posted by: meat man
Date: July 25, 2008 11:01AM
Nice looking boat. I also got a new boat a couple of months ago. I got a 519 ranger with a 200 opti. It it not the fastest on the water but it will gps @66mph fully loaded wih 2 280lbers and 48 gal of fuel. half full of fuel and me 70 gps thats as fast as I want. It runns a little faster than the old 75hp 4stroke on that 18 ft lund I traded off. Good luck with the new boat, hope to see you on the water!! GOOD Fish N!!

Date: July 25, 2008 03:33PM
Congrats MM. Since that pic, my motor blew a cylinder and screwed the crankshaft so I had to buy another motor. But i am back up and running now with a 225 EFI. Mine will do 70+ but I get a little intimidated by it after about 60mph so I will only be running in the 50's.:look:

Date: August 01, 2008 06:24PM
Geez 91,
"When in doubt, trim 'er out!"

Date: August 01, 2008 08:38PM
I have heard that many times.......Just don't let lil Hunter hear it....He is always either idle or ...... to the wall when he drives the boat. I hope that is not happening when he drives his car:suprised:

Date: August 02, 2008 07:10AM
I'm sure that's not the case at all.:biggrin:

Posted by: Angling4More
Date: August 02, 2008 03:21PM
Nice rig. We love our Champion. We bass fish mostly, so ours is smaller and not rigged the same, but it will sure handle the rough water and it's as speedy as we geezers want to go. :lol: Anyone know how the bass fishing is right now? Tournament there in a few weeks.

Posted by: coyotewhacker
Date: August 03, 2008 03:08PM
Bullit is absolutely right....Hunter is probably driving no more than 50mph, and the girl in the car with him is scrunched over against the passenger door as far as she can get so that she does not distract him while driving. You can take that to the bank, my friend.
Or not....:rofl:
CW

A man has got to know his limitations.
"Dirty Harry" Callaghan

Date: August 03, 2008 07:38PM
Thanks for the vote of confidence in Lil Hunter, I am sure he appreciates it:rolleyes:

Posted by: Tablerock
Date: August 04, 2008 11:04AM
Just always wear your kill switch..... Good advise for everybody !

Date: August 04, 2008 12:18PM
That is good advice!! I always wear one and make anyone else driving my boat where one.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login