Findmall.com

Largemouth & Smallmouth Bass Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Edge of the abyss....
Posted by: Tablerock
Date: November 05, 2007 10:11AM
Did a exercise is running leadcore deep Sunday morning here at the rock. Went out about 9:30 and quickly discovered no fish shallow. In the lower lake, shallow to me is 15 to 40 feet...... lol....... As our big flats run out towards the channel, they slope of to about 70 to 90 feet and then plummet almost straight off into 160 to 180 feet of water. I noticed that there was a line of shad schools and fish right at 60 feet right on the plummet line. "The Edge of the Abyss".
I tried spooning and got no takers. So I put on a chrome with blue back walleye diver junior and let out all 10 colors of leadcore. I had to use the electric trolling motor to go slow enough. I started out about 1.9 mph and had nothing. I slowed to about 1.6 mph and started catching big fat Kentucky's. First two were barely short but then I whacked a 17 and a 16 1/2. Ended up with a couple more at just over 15 inches. I was back in by 1:00 p.m.....
Darn they weren't walleyes but I didn't figure they were. It's not walleye fishing but it's still nice to go out and figure out how to catch a few fish in a relative short amount of time. You could stay over LOTS of fish and bait if you stayed on that abyss line. Hundreds of yards of fish. I'm glad at least some of them were biters.......

Re: Edge of the abyss....
Posted by: Hunter91
Date: November 08, 2007 12:29PM
Sounds Fun!!

"We're burnin' daylight" John Wayne

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login