Findmall.com

Largemouth & Smallmouth Bass Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Smallmouth push on Stockton
Posted by: coyotewhacker
Date: September 18, 2005 10:20PM
I have seen several posters around Stockton asking fishermen to release smallmouth bass caught there to improve the fishery. It must be working. When Jim Carroll and I launched out of Master's a couple of weeks ago, a man was trailering his boat. He showed me a (dead) 4lb 10oz smallie he has caught earlier that morning. It's too bad that he kept it, but he was having it mounted. That's why I carry a camera now.....
CW

Keep that camera dry too... Keep baggie nearby for bad weather... :)N/T
Posted by: Guvner
Date: September 19, 2005 07:34AM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Re: Keep that camera dry too... Keep baggie nearby for bad weather... :)
Posted by: Hunter91
Date: September 19, 2005 10:32AM
Guvner, you are correct. I carry my digital camera with me and got caught in the rain last year. Ruined it!! I now keep one in a dry bag and compartment in the boat for those trophy Smallies, largemouths and walleyes that I want to release.

Re: Keep that camera dry too... Keep baggie nearby for bad weather... :)
Posted by: coyotewhacker
Date: September 20, 2005 07:55AM
I have that huge yellow BPS BoatBag that is not so waterproof....I ruined my Precision Trolling book leaving it in there during a little downpour. I also have a (apparently) completely waterproof MinnKota bag that has a velcro closure across the top, then the top is rolled down a couple of times and held in place with a snap belt. Pretty neat. Wish the book had been in there. From now on, the camera goes where I go......
CW

a major goal this year is to catch a trophy size smallie on Stockton, get a picture and release it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2005 07:56AM by coyotewhacker.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login