Findmall.com

Varmint Hunting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
yotes
Posted by: bullitt
Date: December 18, 2009 04:50PM
Went coyote hunting for the first time today. I probably sounded like New Years Eve on acid, but I went. No yotes answered the call.
I did find out that the MDC prohibits single projectile firearms on a LOT of the public ground in SWMO. I assume they don't want to disturb the *(^&%^@! prairie chickens.

Re: yotes
Posted by: Tablerock
Date: December 18, 2009 06:40PM
Oh man...........Let's hear the story.......lol

"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty"

T. Jefferson

Posted by: bullitt
Date: December 18, 2009 07:45PM
Nope, I didn't get busted, but I'm still not sure if I was a violator or not. A couple of spots specifically prohibited rifles. The ones I hunted prohibited hunting deer with centerfire rifles, but the only mention of coyotes was trapping......so I went. I called the MDC when I got home and got the usual "I'm not sure" answer. I did get a number for the area agent, so I'm going to try to call him. I would think it should be ok to hunt yotes in the middle of 160 acres of open prairie, but they're managing thousands of acres specifically for the 100 or so prairie chickens said to exist in the state, so logic is out the window.

Posted by: fcso1253
Date: December 19, 2009 07:57AM
Bullitt, I've killed alot on our farm with rifles......but I definitely get more enjoyment out of calling them into say 45 or 50 yards and dumping them with a 12 gauge 3 1/2 inch mag and a load of BB's. Its great!!!!!! I'd much rather be walleye fishing though.

Posted by: PDR
Date: December 19, 2009 04:53PM
Oh don't worry about the prairie chickens as the yotes and fox's will get their share.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login