Findmall.com

Varmint Hunting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
I may be on to something here.........
Posted by: coyotewhacker
Date: August 11, 2008 09:04PM
Hausfrau has been on my case to get a couple of pygmy goats, so last Friday we went up to Lowry City and picked up a young nannie and her son. They are kinda cute, affectionate, like to have their heads scratched , and above all, I can see potential for live coyote decoys, especially where the little goat is concerned. It will bawl it's head off if momma is more than 20 feet away, so I reckon I could put it in a box and stake it out in the middle of the recently hayed field and have a real live distress call to bring in the coyotes on the run. Meanwhile I sit under a camo cover and pile up the songdog carcasses.........

Whadda ya think?????:rofl:
CW

A man has got to know his limitations.
"Dirty Harry" Callaghan

Re: I may be on to something here.........
Posted by: lundone
Date: August 11, 2008 10:31PM
When Gloria sees what you are doing ,who do you think will get shot first, you or the coyote?

Posted by: LCX-110
Date: August 12, 2008 01:04PM
lundone
When Gloria sees what you are doing ,who do you think will get shot first, you or the coyote?

I was thinking the same thing lundone!!

Go Hogs!!!

Posted by: powerdive
Date: August 12, 2008 03:54PM
Something's gotta change...what's it been, 6 or 7 years since the last whacking?:rofl:

Date: August 19, 2008 08:18PM
I knew my plan had merit....two nights ago a coyote tried to get into the goat's pen. It's six feet high with a laced in full roof, so he didn't have much of a chance, but the coyotes know the goats are here and I think I will be able to use that to my advantage pretty soon. Maybe I can just go spend thirty bucks and get a special "decoy goat" that is not cute and cuddly. If I can get ot to bleat on command, we could be quite a team. And it's been two years since I whacked a coyote.
CW

"Dirty Harry" Callaghan

Posted by: walleyesrus
Date: September 04, 2008 08:23AM
Pretty soon you will need to change you name to the symbal formerly know as the coyote whacker.

Date: September 10, 2008 01:54PM
Once the walleye tournament season concludes, I think I can squeeze in a few calling trips before centerfire rifle season opens in mid-November. The coyote population has exploded around here since I backed off hunting three years ago, so the young of the year should be easy pickins' later this fall. The little short BushMaster is plenty accurate for that kind of work, but I'm going back to
the proven Savage .223 bolt gun. That should put some carcasses on the top wire of the fence!
CW

"Dirty Harry" Callaghan

Posted by: brian88
Date: October 08, 2009 03:58PM
hehe, yeah, gloria isn't gonna like it. (guessin she's your lady) but that's a real good idea otherwise

binoculars harness

Posted by: fcso1253
Date: October 10, 2009 08:45AM
KIll em all CW.

Posted by: Sirmanski
Date: November 19, 2009 03:46PM
CW,

You might wat to take someone along with you who can shoot straight. If you happen to hit that litte Goat you will be living on the Toon.:super:

Sirmanski

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login