Findmall.com

Varmint Hunting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
question
Posted by: Hunter91
Date: February 12, 2007 06:03PM
I was out rabbit hunting last weekend and came upon a rabbit hide tied about 12 inches below a hawk feather and all this was tied in a tree hanging about 2 ft off the ground. Was it just somebody messing around or is that some kind of setup for varmint hunting?

Re: question
Posted by: hillbilly
Date: February 12, 2007 10:28PM
i have no idea sounds like some type of set up. the hawk feather has me puzzled though.

Posted by: Action Jackson
Date: March 05, 2007 08:24AM
not sure but sounds like a trapping setup to me. for coyotes.

jackson

Posted by: bumps2
Date: March 06, 2007 10:07AM
Or someone who knows hawks eat rabbits and is sending a message on what he does when he sees a hawk. If that's so he better watch out cause the MDC doesn't take to kindly to hawk killers. I'd rather see him put up a house cat tail above the rabbit hide :devil:

b2

Posted by: coyotewhacker
Date: March 15, 2007 11:03AM
Not only does the MDC frown on shooting hawks, but the Federal game wardens will write you up to the tune of five grand per bird. All raptors are protected species. A rather large hawk was making strafing runs through the yard after the ice storm because I was feeding the small birds, and I'm pretty sure he nailed a couple. All I could do was watch.....fortunately the hawk has seemingly moved on. Haven't seen him in a week or two. I see a mated pair soaring on the thermals from time to time, so it may be one of them. We have a few peregrines around here, but this was bigger than the little falcons.
CW

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login