Findmall.com

Walleye Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Stockton Fishing report
Posted by: walleyesrus
Date: June 27, 2009 02:18PM
Thurs I met Lundone at the Mutton Creek ramp at 11:00 for an afternood of ishing, we spent the first 3 hrs trying jigs and spinners on some main lake points and a little on the flats, nothing but big bluegills and drum and one carp that I think Jim fell in love with since he took it home with him. We started trolling and pretty quickly picked up a pretty nice 22" eye, between 2:30 and 4:30 we ended up with 5 nice eyes then the bite died so we went in.
Fri I had a guide trip, we started trolling the flats by ruark Bluff but nothing but mostly short crappies then we headed back to where Jim and I had caught fish the day before, we trolled until noon with nothing to show but 8 keeper and numerous more short Crappies. Headed down to the Flats by Mutton Creek and started trolling and caught 5 nice keeper walleyes and another 4 keeper crappie, headed in about 3:30 near death from heat exhaustion. The fish are extremely scattered and they seem to only want really erratic cranks the best one by far was a mean streak, which is basically a jointed hot n tot. But I also caught fish on a jointed salmo and both deep reef runner and deep Jr's they also seemed to prefer holographic baits. I think there is so much bait in the system right now you have to do something to catch their attention. All in all a pretty good trip except for the heat.

Re: Stockton Fishing report
Posted by: fcso1253
Date: June 27, 2009 03:43PM
Good report WRS:thumbup:, did you notice anything in their bellies.

Date: June 28, 2009 09:54AM
Lots of fat.

Posted by: REELXTC
Date: June 28, 2009 10:08AM
Are you referring to the fish or the fishermen? :poke:

...REELXTC...

LUND PRO-V 2025 IFS POWERED BY YAMAHA

NPAA #547

<*}}}}}}><
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posted by: flip
Date: June 28, 2009 11:12AM
Our luck was about like yours, drum, bass, and blue gill. Quit at 10 and thought the bite might come later, but had other things to do.
Sounds like you had some luck later.

Posted by: powerdive
Date: June 28, 2009 08:53PM
Bad Santa and I were on Table Rock today, looking for walleyes. We caught only three modest eyes--19, 17, 12--plus two big white bass, a catfish, a couple bluegills and about a thousand bass (none over 3 lbs.).

We caught the eyes on cranks, working humps in 21 to 25 feet. Didn't figure it out until late in the day--hope to do better next time.

Reel in more customers.

Posted by: Fisheyes
Date: June 29, 2009 07:38PM
Wondering where I might find the Mean streak lures? The Web site for Dave's Ka-Boom Baits shows Cabela's, Dicks, and Bass Pro as outlets, but neither of them have them of has carried them. Any help would be appreciated.I have the week after the 4th off and would like to take a trip to Stockton and sure would be nice to be armed with a few "MEAN STREAKS" God Knows I have every late night Info-mercial fishing lure ever thrown in front of a sleepy fisherman at 3 A.M.

Date: June 29, 2009 07:56PM
Fisheyes, you won't find 'em hereabouts, but you can still get 'em via the internet in time for the Fourth if you hurry. This is one of the best walleye tackle shops around, and they'll have just about any Dave's Lure you want, including custom colors:

http://www.xtackle.com/

Reel in more customers.

Date: June 30, 2009 07:20AM
The time has finally arrived, my last day to work after 31 years in the education business, the fish on Stockton Lake are in trouble!

Posted by: Bob1
Date: June 30, 2009 08:03AM
Good luck on your retirement!

Bob

Date: June 30, 2009 09:19AM
Congratulations, Flip! An awesome achievement. Enjoy your well-earned time!:beers:

Reel in more customers.

Date: June 30, 2009 10:10AM
Thanks, maybe we will meet sometime on the water, plan on doing a lot on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays

Posted by: bumps2
Date: June 30, 2009 10:40AM
Fishing at Stockton over the weekend was, in two words, hot and bum! At least for us. Fished Fri by myself and caught one 3 lb flathead. Used 2 1/2 oz snap weight with reef runners and walleye minnows. Got down to around 25' but no bite by walleyes. Fished mostly main lake points around the point 5 and 7 areas and around Birch Branch. Did not catch a single crappie and that surprised me. Did some jig n worm fishing but caught only big bluegill. Sat was the same. Wife fished with me and we both got heat exhaustion and no fish. WRS, were you using leadcore? If so, guess I need to invest in a leadcore reel and try it. Did go to the Greenfield, Mo fireworks display Sat evening. It was really hot but the fireworks were awesome. Better than any I've ever seen. Fished with wife Sun, much less hot after the rain Sat nite but still no bite. Went with Dale yesterday morning and he caught a 17" walleye and a channel cat jig n worm fishing. Bluegill for me. Everyone I talked to said walleye fishing was really slow.

Didn't see any Water Patrol check points although on Sat a Water Patrol boat followed us into the Ruark Bluff access cove. He just shut off his motor and sat there. As I was going to get the trailer a Dade County deputy came down the access road with sirens on to get people out of the way. I didn't see it but my wife said a big glass boat with bimini top pulled into the dock and the water patrol and deputy both told one guy to get out of the boat. She said it looked like they were going to give him a breath test but don't know how that turned out.

Oh well, it was good to get out and everything worked on the boat. And didn't break anything! Coming back to Southwinds weekend after the 4th.

b2

Date: June 30, 2009 12:34PM
Think the heat has anything to do with the fish sulking like they are. I'm curious about the dissolved 0/2 level.

Posted by: lundone
Date: June 30, 2009 05:32PM
Monday fishing report: Spent about half the day trying crawlers and leeches on spinners, jigs and just hooks. There is a good supply of bluegills in Stockton and I fed them well and some of them will feed me. Finally switched to leadcore and caught 4 eyes with one keeper, a lot of crappie but only 4 keepers, 4 whites, and many LMB. Had numerous walleye nibbles on crawlers and leeches but could not hook one. Light line and being able to feel the fish makes the live bait rigging more fun for me but right now lead will put more fish on the stringer.

Anonymous User
Date: June 30, 2009 08:22PM
I am not a leadcore guy, unless PD is along. We spent all last week on stockton. Trolling cranks,, jig &worms on points.
Cleaned 18 fish, 8 catfish, 4 crappie, 2 white bass 4 walleye 19 20 in . water temp 86-89 deg. HOT HOT HOT
started about 5:30 quit by 10:00.
Going back up thurs. stay till tues after the 4th. Maybe things will be better.
TL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2009 08:23PM by TERRY.

Anonymous User
Date: June 30, 2009 08:26PM
Speaking of heat and surface temp in th high 80"s. Has the thermocline formed
yet and if so how deep?
TL

Date: July 03, 2009 12:43PM
Looks like one is setting up at about 18'.

Posted by: REELXTC
Date: July 03, 2009 02:20PM
walleyesrus
Looks like one is setting up at about 18'.

WRU, what are you doing playing on the computer! Let's go fishing.

...REELXTC...

LUND PRO-V 2025 IFS POWERED BY YAMAHA

NPAA #547

<*}}}}}}><
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login