Findmall.com

Walleye Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Map(s)
Posted by: CedarHill65
Date: December 15, 2008 03:37PM
Hello to everyone. Looking for some help regarding finding map(s), topo's for Lewis and Clark Reservoir on the Missouri River, on the border of South Dakota and Nebraska. Either I am looking in the wrong places or the maps don't exist (which I find hard to believe). Haven't contacted the states as of yet, though thought info on maps would have been on the internets. Thanks a bunch.

Re: Map(s)
Posted by: powerdive
Date: December 15, 2008 03:42PM
Posted by: coyotewhacker
Date: December 15, 2008 05:16PM
I recently acquired a Navionics Explorer DVD with over 10k lake maps. Your Lewis and Clark contour map is on the DVD. There are some other Lewis and Clark Lakes up that way but this one straddles the South Dakota/Nebraska line for almost the entire length of the lake. It looks like the lake has some interesting bottom structure, but the top looked like it was getting pretty "hard".....you maybe planning an ice fishing trip?:biggrin:
CW

A man has got to know his limitations.
"Dirty Harry" Callaghan

Date: December 15, 2008 07:06PM
Thanks PD, looks like it will work. Read some good reports about the walleye and saugers up their this fall.

Anonymous User
Date: December 15, 2008 11:25PM
Hey CH, good to hear from you. After we seen you a ruark ramp,
we picked up several walleye where we had told you to go.
see you next summer.
TL

Date: December 16, 2008 06:11AM
Hey there Terry. Yeah, that seems to be a hot spot there. When we were there, even though the wind was us up, that area is like a busy highway for boats. Did you fill the Lund up with walleyes this fall?

Posted by: New_2_Fishin
Date: December 16, 2008 07:39AM
coyotewhacker
I recently acquired a Navionics Explorer DVD with over 10k lake maps. Your Lewis and Clark contour map is on the DVD. There are some other Lewis and Clark Lakes up that way but this one straddles the South Dakota/Nebraska line for almost the entire length of the lake. It looks like the lake has some interesting bottom structure, but the top looked like it was getting pretty "hard".....you maybe planning an ice fishing trip?:biggrin:
CW

Where do you get this map/DVD? What area does it cover, just SD & NE?

Posted by: REELXTC
Date: December 16, 2008 08:04AM
Date: December 16, 2008 08:18AM
Well, I now know what I want for Christmas.:super::clap:

Date: December 16, 2008 08:29AM
I got mine off EBay. I have not checked the Cabela's price....(Sorry, RXTC), but the Buy It Now Prices on EBay range from eighteen to twenty-five bucks or so.
With the higher end prices you get free shipping, so it's a break even either way. Go to EBay and do a search for "Navionics Explorer" and you should get four or five options. As I recall, I got mine from BasementBusiness and it got here in three or four days.
CW

"Dirty Harry" Callaghan

Posted by: REELXTC
Date: December 16, 2008 09:11AM
CW,

The price at Cabela's is $19.99 with free shipping to your local store. I always need another reason to check out the bargain cave.

...REELXTC...

LUND PRO-V 2025 IFS POWERED BY YAMAHA

NPAA #547

<*}}}}}}><
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posted by: NorthernBoy
Date: December 16, 2008 09:42AM
Can't believe I've missed this. Is this something relatively new? And for only $20 with print capability! Looks great for planning.

For those who have this, is it worth getting?

NB

Date: December 16, 2008 10:32AM
Hmmmmm.......it's only 150 miles from here to Cabela's in KC. At 15mpg....ten gallons up and ten gallons back....obligatory
dinner out for Hausfrau....what a deal! I can get the Cabela's disc in hand for less than two hundred bucks. :rofl: Or pop the PayPal account for slightly less than twenty-five......decisions, decisions.....!:confused:
This is really a super program. It won't take the place of your mapping chip in your GPS, but it will let you do some serious dry land
looking for spots that have potential for holding walleyes. The DVD has more than 10,000 individual lake contour maps, but they are the standard 5' contours in most instances. Included in the package is one free download of a high definition lake of your choice (assuming the lake you want has been surveyed by Navionics in one foot increments) . The booklet says you can buy additional lakes in HD and download them for a modest fee. I've been playing with my program for about a week, and have not yet figured out all the bells and whistles, but so far it looks like I have a whole bunch of maps for about 0.2 of a cent each that I can pore over, print up as needed, steal ...I mean...borrow....various mapping chips with waypoints to transfer onto the maps in my laptop, and double click my own waypoints from the computer. Now I am beginning to understand a little bit of what Doc Sampson does with his
electronic command center onboard his boat.
No matter where you get the Navionics Explorer DVD program, it seems to be a great bargain when compared to the cost of paper maps. It is totally compatible with your Navionics mapping chips, and virtually every brand of quality GPS units any of us are likely to
use. If you fished a different lake every day for the rest of your life, it would still take ten years to fish all of these.....and there are
quite a few of the major lakes in Canada included as I recall. I'm pretty sure Navionics will be sending along my endorsement check any day now. :rofl: Seriously.....I don't see how you can go wrong for the price of the program.
CW

"Dirty Harry" Callaghan

Date: December 16, 2008 11:51AM
Here's what you are looking for:

CW

"Dirty Harry" Callaghan

Posted by: Tablerock
Date: December 16, 2008 12:40PM
Cabelas is on back order......rats.....

Date: December 16, 2008 03:32PM
EBay doesn't do "backorder"........double check to make sure the seller has the DVDs on hand and available to ship. I saw one Buy It Now "auction" that had a caveat down in the fine print about the program was a special order item and might take two or three weeks to ship.....if it doesn't say that then it should be good to go.
CW

"Dirty Harry" Callaghan

Posted by: powerdive
Date: December 16, 2008 03:39PM
CW, how do you happen to be doing business with eBay again? Thought they broke yer little gun-totin' heart, a while back...:devil:

Posted by: bullitt
Date: December 16, 2008 05:49PM
He shot that guy and now it's ok.:yikes:

Posted by: mworley
Date: December 16, 2008 06:31PM
Bought one on Ebay this afternoon. I will be getting a good look at Devils Lake I hope.

Posted by: kickerrich
Date: December 16, 2008 07:27PM
Hi CH 65 the bite was real good up on Lewis & Clark this fall . the saugers where nice and fat. I went up their 5-6 times this fall ,most fish where caught in the river channels in 20-25 fow either out in front of wiegand marina on the Neb. side or on the S.D. side from Gavin's point east to the dam.The lake does freeze over but with the river currents it's not safe to ice fish, I have heard of people ice fishing the river west of the lake I never have.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login