Welcome! Log In Register
Saverton Dam, Mississippi River
Posted by: Sirmanski
Date: September 30, 2013 12:36PM
Sauger starting to bite. Jig Minnow/Jig crawler

Re: Saverton Dam, Mississippi River
Posted by: coyotewhacker
Date: October 02, 2013 08:45AM
Hey, ya big Irishman....did you ever find a taxidermist to mount that 200 lb walleye you sent me the pic of ?????? I sent the pic on to some of the old gang, and they were a bit suspicious that it had been somewhat altered, but I told them you would never enhance a photo of any fish you caught.
CW

A man has got to know his limitations.
"Dirty Harry" Callaghan

Posted by: Sirmanski
Date: October 03, 2013 10:31AM
CW,

As always you expanded the fish size. He weighed in at just a little under 190lbs not 200. We cooked him up and fed it to our family reunion. You should have seen the Polocks gorge themselves.

Sirmanski

Date: October 03, 2013 02:12PM
Actually it was not me who came up with the 200 lb estimate. I fwd'ed the pic to Mike Alley, who is an internationally recognized expert on guesstimating walleye weights from photos. He came up with the stated weight estimate. I had one just a bit bigger than that on a fly rod while fishing for bluegills on Stockton, but the stupid 2lb tippet broke off. I was doing OK for a while, but some punk kid on a PWC started buzzing too close and scared the walleye into a hard surge for deep water. These things happen, and I won't let it get me down. Maybe next time out with Guvner and I will settle the score.
CW

"Dirty Harry" Callaghan

Date: October 05, 2013 09:13AM
Thur evening I watched the Iowa State vs Texas football game. I sorta believe that ISU got the short end of the stick from the officials......and I also sorta think that Mack Brown's time at UT is growing shorter and shorter.
CW

"Dirty Harry" Callaghan

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login